The good old days

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Hergloveddom
Regular poster

The good old days

Post by Hergloveddom »

I look at old magazines old TV movies from 40s 50s 60s early 70s and see most women wearing gloves everywhere winter, spring, summer, fall. Even a brief moment in the 80s . They always say trends come back I wonder when the glove trend will come back ? Can " we as fetishist speed things up?
Someguy
VIP

Re: The good old days

Post by Someguy »

Sadly, I don't think it's going to come back because of touch-screen technology. People want to stay on their phones 24/7 so being in gloves and unable to access your phone is a turn-off for many women.
dopefish

Post by dopefish »

Pff, the phone also responds to your chin or nose. Perhaps its hard to look graceful while doing so.
AngelSlayer
Regular poster

Post by AngelSlayer »

I think it's not easy to see a comeback of gloves as a popular street fashion like in the past :-/ , I just at least hope to see them more in the Movies / TV these days.
sensualista
Occasional poster

Post by sensualista »

I've been thinking about this actually... for several years now, almost ALL of the big designers had elbow- or opera-length leather gloves in their runway shows, but it seems like all the stores that are responsible for bringing the trends to the masses aka copying the runway looks haven't picked it up yet? or maybe they're not advertising it enough?
especially for those of us who are still very shy about that kink of ours, it would make things so much easier if it was just normal to put on a beautiful pair of gloves whenever you leave the house *sigh*
Mistress_Michelle
Occasional poster

Post by Mistress_Michelle »

I enjoy viewing fashion and high-fashion designs as they're revealed, and particularly enjoy when elegant long gloves are well featured.

If you are willing, I recommend forming your own look and being daring enough to wear it confidently. It's not only gloves which don't make it through the translation to street wear. Most people don't understand or appreciate fashion to any significant degree and this is evident by what they wear etc.

That said, I don't wish to see gloves become common place, as for me the exclusivity is a significant part of the appeal of wearing them.

Return to “Glove talk forum”