Wearing gloves publicly

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Re: Wearing gloves publicly

Post by GlovedYankee »

I wear my gloves out more often than I used to. I finally got to the point, its what I like to wear, so be it. I don't wear them everywhere yet, but I wear them around friends at the places I work and around my condo complex and definitely while in the car and out shopping.
tronn206
WWGFA donor

Post by tronn206 »

In the UK, I think, people wearing leather gloves when its a bit cold is thought of as normal and household and latex gloves, being used for certain jobs, is the same. The thing is people like me who nearly walk into traffic because they've
just seen a lovely pair of gloves. :lmao:
Twitter- @RubberGloveLove
Instagram - glove_lover206
Fetlife - NitramLatexLover
wmowrg
MIA

Post by wmowrg »

tronn206 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:39 am The thing is people like me who nearly walk into traffic because they've
just seen a lovely pair of gloves. :lmao:
Phew !!! ... thought it was only me that did that ... :S :S
MyHandsAreHidden
Regular poster

Post by MyHandsAreHidden »

last edited by
Last edited by MyHandsAreHidden on Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

MyHandsAreHidden wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:45 pm
tronn206 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:39 am In the UK, I think, people wearing leather gloves when its a bit cold is thought of as normal and household and latex gloves, being used for certain jobs, is the same.
Must be nice. Over here in the States, household gloves aren't really a common sight, and medical gloves usually make me think of an illicit activity, with the gloves meant to hide fingerprints or whatnot. And heaven forbid you wear a mask for allergies or anything...
Yes, wearing anything but leather gloves here in the US and people tend to look at you as some sort of weirdo. I have been wearing my Isotoners out more often, as they are compression gloves and it feels good to wear them on my hands and it helps my arthritis. I have also been in my driving gloves <just not in the car> If I wanted to wear medical gloves anywhere and OMG who am I trying to kill! HA! I see people wearing leather gloves more often, especially women but there are the occasional men out there wearing leather gloves of some sort, even if the weather doesn't warrant it.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

What kind of isotoners do you wear that are tight? Do you wear them down a size to get them tight? :?:

When I was wearing the white nitrile gloves they were xs and I’m almost a medium if I wear gloves that fit just right and still have some play in them. When I wore the Xs gloves you couldn’t really tell if they were skin colored you might not have noticed. :biggrin:

The is a video from desitination Kat, where she is wearing gloves that are skin colored and so tight you can’t tell she has gloves on. https://www.manyvids.com/Video/682096/F ... th-Gloves/ I want those gloves so bad I would get a few pairs if I could I just don’t know what they are specifically called. I was actually wearing them for a few reasons: I didn’t think we would see anyone we knew, I was trying to see if it would help with some sun protection, I was wearing them at camp almost all day because just me and her.

I’m kinda mad at my self for being shy about it but I didn’t want to run into some one we knew by Accident and have to shake hands. As I did it it started to get easier but there is still a break in period to be had. I would love to do it more often but I know lots of people who would think it very weird so I just pick when I try to do it. Would be fun to be able to do it more often but friends would judge quite hard or probably get creeped out a bit from it. :S
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

countrylatexglover wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:26 pm What kind of isotoners do you wear that are tight? Do you wear them down a size to get them tight? :?:
I wear Women's unlined short wrist Gloves Size L/XL. Like this one here:https://www.isotoner.com/p/isotoner-wom ... ?color=SVP

I wear a men's medium, but they often are too large for me in the fingers, so these were recommended as being great for a man with smaller hands. They were also recommended in several places for people who had arthritis issues <which I do> They are part nylon/spandex so they stretch so that works for me quite well.

I love them, I wear them out while walking the dog if my fingers are bothering me<otherwise I am in leather gloves>, I also wear them among my friends whenever I like.
countrylatexglover
VIP

GlovedYankee wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:54 pm
countrylatexglover wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:26 pm What kind of isotoners do you wear that are tight? Do you wear them down a size to get them tight? :?:
I wear Women's unlined short wrist Gloves Size L/XL. Like this one here:https://www.isotoner.com/p/isotoner-wom ... ?color=SVP

I wear a men's medium, but they often are too large for me in the fingers, so these were recommended as being great for a man with smaller hands. They were also recommended in several places for people who had arthritis issues <which I do> They are part nylon/spandex so they stretch so that works for me quite well.

I love them, I wear them out while walking the dog if my fingers are bothering me<otherwise I am in leather gloves>, I also wear them among my friends whenever I like.
So if that size for you works for some tight gloves what size are you normally in men’s and women’s? What did your friends say at first when you wore them around them?
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

I wear a men's medium

So if that size for you works for some tight gloves what size are you normally in men’s and women’s? What did your friends say at first when you wore them around them?
As I said above I wear a men's Medium which fits my hand, just not usually the fingers as they are almost always too long. I don't know about actual women's size but I am getting ready to order some women's large sized leather gloves to see how they fit. Only a few friends seemed to care and they didn't say much of anything.
countrylatexglover
VIP

So Anymore updates on anyone being brave enough to wear gloves publicly. I have been trying to wear knit gloves inside places we go just haven’t gotten over my fear of people we know seeing me wear them. Been wearing xs nitrile gloves any chance I get she doesn’t mind. Trying to get the courage to wear them in the store guess my biggest fears is getting over people we know seeing me wear them for no reason. If they were a bit more accepted I would wear them every day!! Sadly they are not yet...

Return to “Glove talk forum”