Wearing gloves publicly

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

dopefish

Re: Wearing gloves publicly

Post by dopefish »

Oh, my condolences then.
Perhaps a vacation to Europe/US is in order. Go experience winter/autumn while you can.
rubberglover1961
Occasional poster

Post by rubberglover1961 »

I wear rubber gloves in public and have for the last 7 years. I normaly wear black reusable hairdressers gloves. I wear them for up to 16 hours a day without taking them off. at first there were some comments, but I have worn them for so long that no one comments on them anymore. I even wear the gloves at work all shift, up to 12 hours at a time.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

dopefish wrote:Oh, my condolences then.
Perhaps a vacation to Europe/US is in order. Go experience winter/autumn while you can.
That's alright,im not sad or anything :)

funny thing we got married 3 months ago,havn't gone on our honey-moon,and just postponed it to next year O_o :w00t:

no rush..outside world can wait for us and will still be there ;)
GreatLeather

Post by GreatLeather »

I don't remove my leather gloves once I am indoors. I wear them for as long as possible.

I love wearing my gloves when I go into a store or restaurant when I know I am going to be speaking to the employees. I gesture with my gloved hands as I speak, and I love watching the employees watch my gloved hands. I usually keep my sunglasses on too, so I can watch their eyes but they cannot see mine! 8)
FancoisGant26
Regular poster

Post by FancoisGant26 »

I am getting better at overcoming my glove shyness, what is difficult for me is wearing gloves around people I know, (I'm fine around my girlfriend..) I want to work on that. I don't have so much a problem if I go somewhere alone. I also want to work on keeping gloves on while indoors, say Wal Mart, or running an errand indoors.
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

Wearing gloves in public is something that comes with practice if you feel a bit nervous/conspicuous, but I forgot to mention a perfect way/reason for remaining gloved while at a cafe; if you sit near the door or in an outside area; after all, so many places have an outside area nowadays no one bats an eye if you're gloved or not. I take off one of my leather gloves if I'm eating so my glove doesn't get stained but otherwise it's the best place to go if you want those gloves to stay on. It's harder at indoor cafes, but keeping your gloves on until you're served/at your table is doable and putting them on a bit before you leave tends to be inconspicuous too.

It's taken years but I regularly wear leather gloves while out shopping in shopping centres and supermarkets as well as any time I'm on public transport, in the car or outside. Good luck, you can do it!
tronn206
WWGFA donor

Post by tronn206 »

I think, if you're female, that wearing latex gloves in public let alone a cafe will get you a lot of attention. Saying that even if you're male you will.:-) Well if I was there I know I wouldn't be able to concentrate.:-D
Twitter- @RubberGloveLove
Instagram - glove_lover206
Fetlife - NitramLatexLover
sensualista
Occasional poster

Post by sensualista »

FancoisGant26 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:53 am I am getting better at overcoming my glove shyness, what is difficult for me is wearing gloves around people I know, (I'm fine around my girlfriend..) I want to work on that. I don't have so much a problem if I go somewhere alone. I also want to work on keeping gloves on while indoors, say Wal Mart, or running an errand indoors.
I completely relate to that... it's much easier for me to wear gloves when I'm by myself than when I'm with people I know, and the better I know those people, the harder it gets for me to put on gloves in their presence. I did manage to keep my leather gloves on on a couple of occasions last winter, for example when I got in the car with friends, without feeling too uncomfortable, so I guess I'm improving little by little, but I have a long way to go.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

I wore them publicly today. I wore xs white nitrile gloves then from our campsite we walked to town there. I had a long sleeve shirt on and the white nitrile gloves. We walk through town and I could see people eyes look but no one said anything. We went to get a cone and the person working there had to hand it to me and I also had to point to a few things. They defiantly looked but didn’t say anything. And as we walked down the street I had to keep one out with the ice cream cone so you could really see it. I was nervous pretty much the whole time but it got easier as I went I want to go back and do it again but I think it was a rare opportunity, would do it again though or try to at lease!
tronn206
WWGFA donor

Post by tronn206 »

The thing is. I think that the people who notice/take an interest when you're wearing gloves more than likely have a thing for gloves as well. I don't notice everything people wear but definitely take notice of gloves and nice trainers (sneakers for our American cousins) that people wear because that's my thing. :8up:
Twitter- @RubberGloveLove
Instagram - glove_lover206
Fetlife - NitramLatexLover

Return to “Glove talk forum”