gloves and "the other person"

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

sensualista
Occasional poster

gloves and "the other person"

Post by sensualista »

I would love to know... how do you feel about wearing gloves in an every day situation while the person you are with at that moment isn't, or the other way around, as in, they are wearing gloves, but you don't? does the type of gloves make a difference for your answer to that question?

for me, it's like this: if I'm wearing gloves (no matter if we're talking leather gloves because it's cold outside, or household gloves because for cleaning etc) and I'm hanging out with a friend at that moment who isn't, I feel kind of bad for them and don't want to wear mine either so as not to make myself appear superior in any way (even if the other person probably doesn't even notice).
if the other person is wearing gloves and I'm not, I get an uncomfortable feeling of inferiority (that I would not interpret as a tendency towards being submissive, because it really is a bad feeling and does nothing to turn me on).

this does not mean that I don't enjoy seeing other people wearing gloves - quite the opposite. it just makes me want/need to wear some as well.
does that make sense to anyone of you?
Krischan
Occasional poster

Re: gloves and "the other person"

Post by Krischan »

I totally second that. My theory is that we might feel subliminally „guilty“ when wearing gloves in public. Do you know what I mean?

I would never have that feeling in comparable situations e.g. while wearing a jacket if others don’t or using an umbrella if others don’t.

So I it’s just a psychological thing and for others it would be totally normal if we use gloves and others don’t.

When it comes to household gloves I made some different experiences. Maybe because I am a man some people would not expect me wearing gloves while cleaning or dishwashing. So I sometimes have been asked why I am wearing gloves in household while people saw me (and there are only a few people who saw me doing that...)
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

I would never wear household gloves in front of anybody, unless it was my partner. And then only if she knew about my fetish, accepted it, and asked me to wear the gloves (not necessarily for sexual stuff; if she'd want me to wear them for doing the dishes, I'd do that too). Wearing gloves in front of anyone would make me feel the same as being nude (and erect) in front of that person - and I'm not much of an exhibitionist. ;)

Medical gloves I would wear if I really had to. I'd be self-conscious about it, but I would be able to convince myself that it's only weird in my head, and the other person won't care one way or another. The same thing goes for cotton gloves. Leather I'd wear in front of others if appropriate (for weather reasons or perhaps even fashionably) - but only wrist length. Wool gloves are absolutely fine either way. Latex (and PVC and satin, I guess) I would only wear if requested by a (sexual) partner.

As for gloves on other people, I'd like to only see them on (attractive) women I don't know very well, or ones that I'm romantically (and/or sexually) interested in. Others (men, family members, close friends, elderly women, etc.) I'd get really uncomfortable with if they'd wear gloves of most kinds (especially household, but also medical, latex and pvc). Leather (and most winter gloves) is somewhat of an exception. I'm fine with that most of the time.

In either of these situations, it wouldn't really matter to me if only one of us was wearing gloves. Though wearing gloves together with a lover who also has a glove fetish would be amazing of course. I'd love to be able to share that. Her wearing gloves because I love to see it (and because she loves wearing them), and me wearing gloves (of any kind) because she loves to see that (and in many cases because I love wearing them as well). <3 Throw some knee high boots in the mix, and it'd be my version of heaven. :)'
noxx
Occasional poster

Post by noxx »

I feel quite similarly to Sensualista, which boils down to : If I see others wearing gloves in the same context as me (we are both doing similar activities), "it just makes me want/need to wear some as well" and I will feel naked without in fact (so quite the opposite feeling of Rommeltje). If I wear gloves and they don't (in the same context also), I also feel bad for them (the same as if I have an umbrella and they don't), ideally would propose them a pair (for exemple we are painting a wall together).

It really is about the idea of superiority that the gloves provides in my mind that create the feeling of gilt for the other. In the bedroom context, the superiority of the wearer does not change, it's only the "dom/sub" balance that completely changes the gilt feeling into the kinky feeling (which btw is for me far more enjoyable if both are "dom" and both are wearing gloves).

Interestingly, I feel the same with other accessories, such as boots and masks. As a man, today fashion unfortunately dictates that I cannot wear boots in public unless I am on my motorcycle, or in the army (too bad, as 100 years ago it was commonly accepted, motorcycles were horses back then :) )
Mistress_Michelle
Occasional poster

Post by Mistress_Michelle »

Personally I can relate to the feelings you're all describing, only they are felt or interpreted differently by me.

If I am wearing gloves, then my preference is to be the only one wearing gloves. There are many different reasons I like gloves, and part of that is a sense of exclusivity as they are generally less common, part of it is a feeling of superiority...

If I see someone else wearing gloves and I don't have any gloves to wear or their gloves appear superior in some way, then I feel put off and would prefer to leave the situation.

I don't mind and enjoy wearing gloves 'in public' though naturally the type of gloves and the situation need to be compatible.

So I would agree there is a certain feeling or aura associated with gloves, and glove wearers...

In 'normal' situations, I view people who exhibit selfish tendencies to be most unpleasant, however when it comes to wearing gloves, I enjoy behaving selfishly both in 'normal' situations such as cleaning with rubber gloves or wearing leather gloves out in cooler weather and in more private situations...
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

sensualista wrote:I would love to know... how do you feel about wearing gloves in an every day situation while the person you are with at that moment isn't, or the other way around, as in, they are wearing gloves, but you don't? does the type of gloves make a difference for your answer to that question?

for me, it's like this: if I'm wearing gloves (no matter if we're talking leather gloves because it's cold outside, or household gloves because for cleaning etc) and I'm hanging out with a friend at that moment who isn't, I feel kind of bad for them and don't want to wear mine either so as not to make myself appear superior in any way (even if the other person probably doesn't even notice).
if the other person is wearing gloves and I'm not, I get an uncomfortable feeling of inferiority (that I would not interpret as a tendency towards being submissive, because it really is a bad feeling and does nothing to turn me on).

this does not mean that I don't enjoy seeing other people wearing gloves - quite the opposite. it just makes me want/need to wear some as well.
This makes total sense to me. I'm always super conscious of gloves more than ever when I'm gloved myself. I feel safe and reassured when I'm with a friend and they are gloved too in leather, rubber or whatever. I feel more self conscious when there is just me in gloves, as if when I'm the only one gloved is because I'm a fetishist. As long I see one other person in gloves that's ok, I'm not just being a weirdo

That said, if I'm bare handed and a friend was gloved I'd feel insanely jealous, as if I was being cheated out of an opportunity to be gloved. Given that 99% of the time I would be gloved if I could this would be awful. I feel like that whenever I see another woman in gloves of any kind, I want to be in gloves, no, need to be in gloves, hers if it came down to it!
z334
Regular poster

Post by z334 »

sensualista wrote:I would love to know... how do you feel about wearing gloves in an every day situation while the person you are with at that moment isn't, or the other way around, as in, they are wearing gloves, but you don't? does the type of gloves make a difference for your answer to that question?

In general I don't like wearing gloves if the person I'm with isn't. In particular if the other person seems to be in need of them, say in cold weather. If the other person is a guy, I think it just seems kind of "unfair", for a lack of better words. In that case I would suggest going inside, so that none of us are freezing. I'd do the same if I'm with a girl who's missing her gloves, but in that case I'd also offer her to take my gloves. I guess it's very common for guys to feel this way. We want to be "in it together" when we're hanging out with our friends, and we like to make sure that the ladies are comfortable. There's this odd kind of "code of honour" among guys; we like being tough, and if we're freezing we prefer to deal with it ourselves. You don't accept an offer from the team at the expense of a member of the team, so to say. Ladies on the other hand are not supposed to be tough. We like them to be soft and sweet, and kept safe and protected. I know I'm not alone with this feeling - my friends feel the same way. I guess it's just part of our male biology or something :vv:
I've never been in a situation where I'm cleaning with another person and I'm the only one wearing gloves, so I don't know how I'd feel about that - but it doesn't come off as an appealing thought.

Conversely, if I'm the one missing the gloves it really depends on the situation. I might be missing my gloves, but I don't mind the fact that the person I'm with is wearing gloves. There is actually one situation where I like not being gloves while the other person is, and that's when I'm cleaning together with a girl. I guess I just think wearing gloves during cleaning is essentially a feminine thing, because it's about being careful and worrying about your own protection, while not wearing gloves is more "manly", like being tough and taking risks. Unless of course if the cleaner is really harmful or caustic, and gloves are necessary - then not wearing gloves is just stupid. But if it's just too keep your hands soft and clean, I definitely think it's feminine to wear gloves during cleaning. I know it may seem a bit ridiculous, but it is what it is. So it's like this: if the girl is wearing gloves, it increases her femininity, which is always good, and if I'm not wearing gloves, it just gives another notch to the masculine vs. feminine imbalance between us, i.e. she seems more ladylike, and I feel more manly. It's not that I wouldn't enjoy it if I was wearing gloves too, but it's just a little bonus if I'm not ^_^

I'd like to hear your thoughts. Does anyone feel the same? Or maybe someone has a totally different experience. Also, if you have any questions about anything I've written, feel free to ask. I'll try and answer as good as I can. You can also send me a personal message, if you prefer. I'll try and answer as fast as I can 8)
Sandra666
Occasional poster

Post by Sandra666 »

I absolutely hate it when another woman wears gloves and I am not. I actually started wearing gloves all the time after couple of such situations. It seems that many other ladies feel the same, it happened to me several times that while I chatted with a lady she suddenly decided that she want to show me her gloves, eventually ending with both of us being gloves and not just me.
It's totally fine for me to be the only one in gloves, but I still prefer the other people to be gloved, and definitely not to touch me with bare hands. Sometimes it can be a little awkward when ladies remove their gloves to touch my clothes with bare hands.
kumihanskat
Occasional poster

Post by kumihanskat »

I like wearing rubber gloves in front of my wife, even though we weren’t having sex. For example cleaning the toilet, dishwashing, cleaning the floor etc. Wearing them makes me feel comfortable, and wearing them in front of her knowing that she knows that those are my turn-on turns me on. She doesn’t really use gloves in everyday situations like cleaning, but once she does, I really happily watch that.

When I see other people gloved, I try not to pay attention to it. I wouldn’t use gloves in front of people except if I’m handling some dirty or hazardous stuff. Years ago when I was working a while in a cleaning company I felt a bit ashamed wearing gloves if someone was able to see me. But when I got to clean in privacy I enjoyed wearing them a lot. I didn’t have hardons at work, but wasn’t far away from getting them, though I still could have drips of precum in my underwear after work :D Those times I did masturbate a lot after workdays

Return to “Glove talk forum”