My idea for

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

pinkrubbergloves
WWGFA Orderly

My idea for “fancy cuff” household rubber gloves

Post by pinkrubbergloves »

Just an idea that I have had for a while. I know these extended fancy cuff rubber gloves have become some what popular as of late. I personally only find about 1% of these rubber gloves appealing. The ones I sort of like are like these... same color fabric as the glove itself. I think these pink ones are alright minus that stupid ring...

Image Image

There are some local women that make these types of rubber gloves (many online) and I was considering asking them to make a custom pair where instead of the extended fabric cuff, they would cut apart another pair of rubber gloves to make the cuff. Also could cut stripes of the glove and make bows, other types of decoration.

I guess the possibilities could be endless with mixing and matching the rubber glove colors and types.

But overall the “fancy” rubber glove would be constructed solely from rubber gloves as the material.

Just curious what people think of this idea? Love it or hate it I would love to hear some responses. Just for fun!

The gloves that are known to be hated

Image Image Image Image
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: My idea for “fancy cuff” household rubber gloves

Post by Rommeltje »

It would definitely be better. Though still not as good as gloves that haven't been tampered with, of course. :)

Another problem with these kinds of gloves is that they're just not very good gloves even if you get rid of the cuff. They're usually the cheap kind of gloves. Maybe if they actually used quality gloves, the decorations wouldn't be so bad.

I'd be curious to see them anyway. Have you already actually made this suggestion to anyone?
pinkrubbergloves
WWGFA Orderly

Post by pinkrubbergloves »

I have asked around this morning but no replies yet. Maybe I just like the thought of another woman handling them...
KDS144
WWGFA donor

Post by KDS144 »

I think this is a good idea, but fit is important - they shouldn't be too loose. The fancy cuff gloves hide (for me) one of the best parts of a rubber glove - where it fits a woman's arm. They also fall down because they are too heavy.

Could be quite difficult to make - I did try making things from rubber gloves once. You need the right kind of glue.
gloveloverus
VIP

Post by gloveloverus »

At one point years ago I bought some Gloveables as they were using Marigold gloves, but later on they switched to some unknown Chinese brand gloves which the quality went down hill from there! I bought them so I could remove the cuffs carefully so they were back to regular gloves!!
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

Some motivation, this Canadian brunette 20something w/ her holo-nailpolish YT channel:
(Simply Nail Logical)

(

Return to “Glove talk forum”