Household gloves - Caving

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

CharlieCC

Household gloves - Caving

Post by CharlieCC »

It seems that caving (potholling) involved the use of rubber household gloves from time to time by participants as a means of keeping hands warm and dry. While admittedly it's up to individual cavers, they seem popular among cavers, at least if a google search is anything to go by.

If anyone else finds anything solid then feel free to say so...
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Re: Household gloves - Caving

Post by SexySurgical »

Had to look up a definition:
Caving – also traditionally known as spelunking in the United States and Canada and potholing in the United Kingdom and Ireland – is the recreational pastime of exploring wild (generally non-commercial) cave systems. In contrast, speleology is the scientific study of caves and the cave environment.[1]
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caving)

Yeah I guess the rough stones make more medical gloves unreliable, unlike in diving.
Gotta wonder though why cavers don't use these work gloves w/ cotton/cloth bases finished w/ rubber/pvc?
CharlieCC

Re: Household gloves - Caving

Post by CharlieCC »

I believe they do but household gloves seem to be popular too. I haven't been able to find any decent photos of women caving with household gloves on but I'll have a look. In the meantime, anyone's free to add some if they find some.

Return to “Glove talk forum”