Found two packs of Marigold lightweight rubber gloves

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Re: Found two packs of Marigold lightweight rubber gloves

Post by mrs uni »

dj_scotty_a wrote:My bathroom is currently in desperate need of a clean and it goes without saying that a decent pair of rubber gloves is needed for this job and if they feel extra nice to wear it is a nice bonus, it just so happens when shopping I came across two pairs of Marigold Lightweight red rubber gloves.

I have hardly used imagebam so I apologise if the pictures are not great I tried to show the Marigold logo as well but I forgot how enjoyable they are to wear.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/56177c952226914]Image[/URL]
I simply had to get some of these again, they are a blast from the past, bringing back fond memories and they are gorgeous gloves to boot.

I managed to get some very easily on Amazon and here they are, on my hands just two days later. I'm not sure how old they are; I turned back the cuff of my left glove there was a date or info in a format like a date: 13 88 2010 and the name Ansell. Just rolled up my right glove cuff and it said the same. Don't Ansell make/sell gloves in the USA or the surgical/medical type gloves? The name is familiar.
meistrllapgoch
Regular poster

Post by meistrllapgoch »

mrs uni wrote:Don't Ansell make/sell gloves in the USA or the surgical/medical type gloves? The name is familiar.
I’ve tried googling it but can’t find the exact detail.... but basically, I think they used to be part of the same company, possibly following a takeover, but the marigold brand might have been sold on to the owners of Vileda in 2013? Around 2010 they might have been part of the same company though. Maybe. Sorry about the vague info.

They are awesome gloves. I bought my last pair in a coop garage for a pound a few years ago.

I still prefer yellow personally but variety is good.

Spent most of yesterday and this morning in medium yellow marigolds (usually a large), cleaning rubber tubing, masks, gloves, theribands, gas masks hoods and other naughty things. All clean and hidden away before our children come back :)
wmowrg
MIA

Post by wmowrg »

Up until 1994, Marigold Gloves as a brand were owned by the London Rubber Company, the factory was in Chingford, North London and could be seen when driving past on the North Circular Road. The brand went through various changes and buyouts/mergers since then, including their parent company, London International, at some point buying the Ansell name/company and moving all manufacturing to the Far East.

More recently, Vileda's parent company took Marigold over, resulting in a revamp of the gloves, website and various other promotions

That's why Ansell appears on them with the date code - At the time of their manufacture, Ansell was part of the parent company's portfolio - No idea how to decipher it, but my guess is the year is "2010" ... perhaps the other numbers refer to a week number or batch number etc etc ...

As far as I was aware, Ansell are/were a large brand in Australia. They were also available here in the UK during the 1970s/80s from what I can recall .... :scratch:
meistrllapgoch
Regular poster

Post by meistrllapgoch »

wmowrg wrote:Up until 1994, Marigold Gloves as a brand were owned by the London Rubber Company, the factory was in Chingford, North London and could be seen when driving past on the North Circular Road. The brand went through various changes and buyouts/mergers since then, including their parent company, London International, at some point buying the Ansell name/company and moving all manufacturing to the Far East.

More recently, Vileda's parent company took Marigold over, resulting in a revamp of the gloves, website and various other promotions

That's why Ansell appears on them with the date code - At the time of their manufacture, Ansell was part of the parent company's portfolio - No idea how to decipher it, but my guess is the year is "2010" ... perhaps the other numbers refer to a week number or batch number etc etc ...

As far as I was aware, Ansell are/were a large brand in Australia. They were also available here in the UK during the 1970s/80s from what I can recall .... :scratch:
Loving your work. Thank you.
marigoldmilfs
VIP

Post by marigoldmilfs »

The sold the red marigolds in Poundland in the uk about two years ago.
Rubberlicious Milfs (-:, my dream to be hand smothered by amanda donohoe in yellow kitchen "marigold" gloves
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

wmowrg wrote:More recently, Vileda's parent company took Marigold over, resulting in a revamp of the gloves, website and various other promotions
How recent? Is that the revamp from when they were great to how they are now? Or are they revamped again, and I need to get my ass back to the UK and do some shopping? :)
wmowrg
MIA

Post by wmowrg »

From what I recall, it was circa 2015/16 ... It coincided with their 70 Years Anniversary and the release of the cleaning cloths & sponges ...

The gloves remained the same for a while (using up older stock I guess), but then there was a change in both sizing and quality ...

If you read online reviews (Amazon and other larger stores/supermarkets), you 'll see it for yourself. The quality was then "improved" and they reverted back to the previous style, but for a while they were getting crucified online for gloves that tore easily and were incorrect sizewise .... :S

From what a few Marigold stalwarts I know tell me, they're back to their usual superb self now ... :yay:
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

That's awesome! :w00t: I'm gonna need to find a free weekend and hop on over now. :D
wmowrg
MIA

Post by wmowrg »

Would've posted this last week but wasn't able to ... :rolleyes:

Lots of Marigold Lightweight in B&M Bargains here in England at just a pound a pair ...

I've been into 3 different stores locally and my other half has availed herself of more than a few pairs ... :yay:

Be quick as I have no idea how long they'll be available ...
glovelover20
Regular poster

Post by glovelover20 »

Just found 2 pairs of these myself. Bit like the Bathroom gloves. Not quite as nice but still great to wear. And red is my colour. :luv:

Return to “Glove talk forum”