leather gloves and smartphones

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

sensualista
Occasional poster

leather gloves and smartphones

Post by sensualista »

I could use a little advice from the leather glove-loving crowd :$

how do you work your way around the fact that you can't use your smartphone with leather gloves on?
I know that there's some leather gloves out there that have touch screen abilities, I do own two pair of those myself, but they're never the longer ones, and while that's okay for my "being outside in the cold" needs, I would really love to have a long pair of leather gloves that I could wear all day, or for longer periods of times when I'm at home, without having to take them off every time I pick up my phone or want to use my computer (which only has a touchpad - I prefer that a lot to using a mouse). has anyone experimented with these liquids that you can apply to the fingertips of the gloves, which is supposed to make them touchscreen friendly?
here are some examples, in case you've never heard of this stuff:
https://www.nanotips.com/
https://www.amazon.com/AnyGlove-TM-Synt ... B00AB3EVOW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would love any kind of input, and/or if you know a shop/seller that has smartphone friendly long leather gloves, I would love to hear of that, too! thank you!!!
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Re: leather gloves and smartphones

Post by Ceramic »

havnt found any proper long gloves for smartphone (wife wouldnt want anyway..)

but for wrist (which is most common) many companys make them..just buy a few cheap pairs (like xiaomi and such) and test them.

no need to spend a fortune on that :),i belive there are proper ones on ebay etc that doesnt cost much (again,never checked for real..)
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

I don't know about smartphone friendly leather gloves, but I do have a glove friendly smartphone. :-) Although I'm not completely sure if it works with leather gloves as well, but it does work with rubber gloves, at least.

That wouldn't solve your touchpad problem, though, of course.
Hunter32

Post by Hunter32 »

This is quite a problem with latex/medical gloves too, especially when wearing gloves and wanting to look at gloves pics/videos :hmm:
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

I got some touchscreen friendly leather opera gloves on eBay, not expensive (£30+) and they aren't great on a mousepad on a laptop but they do work on touchscreens ok enough.

The other way around the gloves/computer and phone thing is to use a stylus.
FancoisGant26
Regular poster

Post by FancoisGant26 »

mrs uni wrote:I got some touchscreen friendly leather opera gloves on eBay, not expensive (£30+) and they aren't great on a mousepad on a laptop but they do work on touchscreens ok enough.

Echoing Mrs. Uni, a stylus is my preferred way to use a phone while leather gloved, rather than constant failed strokes across the screen. It does turn me on a little more using it too.
Last edited by FancoisGant26 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
sensualista
Occasional poster

Post by sensualista »

mrs uni wrote:I got some touchscreen friendly leather opera gloves on eBay, not expensive (£30+) and they aren't great on a mousepad on a laptop but they do work on touchscreens ok enough.

aah I haven't thought of using a stylus! thank you!

Return to “Glove talk forum”