demise of the latex surgical glove.

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

glovesnap20
Regular poster

Re: demise of the latex surgical glove.

Post by glovesnap20 »

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of nitrile gloves that look nice. My personal favorite are Kimberly-Clark Nitrile-XTRA, because they're thicker and extra long. But I'll still always choose latex over nitrile if I have the option.
tronn206
WWGFA donor

Post by tronn206 »

Nitrile can look good but I don't like the way it looks baggy round the wrist. They look too plasticky which isn't my thing. I'm all about the rubber/latex.:-)

The thing is, living in the UK, our TV is flooded with programs like 24hrs in A&E, in side the ambulance and many police shows and they all use nitrile gloves now. Don't get me wrong, a lot of them still look great but I doubt they feel as great as real latex.

Well I suppose we'll always have fetish latex & household gloves.:-)
Twitter- @RubberGloveLove
Instagram - glove_lover206
Fetlife - NitramLatexLover
glovedworker
Regular poster

Post by glovedworker »

I'm at an impasse with latex vs nitrile. I'm still able to get latex surgical gloves and exam gloves in Canada / US but nitrile is more popular for sure. There's some good nitrile gloves now, but there's always times where I want a solid latex glove. The other thing I found was neoprene gloves which I really like. They're almost a cross between nitrile and latex due to their stretch and strength.
Checkout my photos on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/glovedworker/
Tightgloves

Post by Tightgloves »

Which neoprene gloves do you like? Can you share something about them?
glovedworker
Regular poster

Post by glovedworker »

Tightgloves wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:50 pm Which neoprene gloves do you like? Can you share something about them?
I really like Microflex's NeoGard. It's one of Microflex's certified ergonomic gloves which makes it a pleasure to wear. In general, it's soft, stretchy, strong and comes in an awesome green colour.

Checkout my photos on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/glovedworker/
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

Well I love the Black Nitriles I have and am wearing now. I’m not convinced that latex are that better, really. One thing is they way higher in price, and you’d go through them quicker. Disagree? Why?
tigga76

Post by tigga76 »

Tightgloves wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:50 pm Which neoprene gloves do you like? Can you share something about them?
I like the Micro-Touch Denta-Glove at the moment http://medical.ansell.eu/products/micro ... neoprene-0

With 6,60 € per box (100 pieces) excl. VAT you have nearly the same price like latex and nitrile gloves.
Bolmir
Regular poster

Post by Bolmir »

These days I have been in a hospital with my mother for a while, nothing serious, and I have been able to observe how latex gloves have disappeared in hospitals and have been replaced by nitrile gloves, a shame, I love latex gloves.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

Bolmir wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:05 pm These days I have been in a hospital with my mother for a while, nothing serious, and I have been able to observe how latex gloves have disappeared in hospitals and have been replaced by nitrile gloves, a shame, I love latex gloves.
I too love the feeling of latex they are still the best! I do how every wear more nitrile gloves than I do latex only cause I will wear them out in public to avoid latex allergy of any kind when I have to interact with someone.

Return to “Glove talk forum”