Chlorination of latex

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

joglover
Regular poster

Chlorination of latex

Post by joglover »

I gave it a whirl and tried chlorinating some latex. I have a pair of the mid arm orange latex gloves I bought from Frau Dr. After chlorinating they are unbelievable soft any easy to put on. I also did a catsuit and stockings.....they are also amazing.
 ! Message from: Rommeltje
Obligatory warning: chlorination is a dangerous chemical process and should only be practiced by individuals who know exactly what they're doing.
Rubrglvlvr
WWGFA donor

Re: Chlorination of latex

Post by Rubrglvlvr »

What techniques did you use? How exactly did you do it? Im interested in doing some gloves myself.
I love rubber gloves!
glovedworker
Regular poster

Re: Chlorination of latex

Post by glovedworker »

Rubrglvlvr wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:01 am What techniques did you use? How exactly did you do it? Im interested in doing some gloves myself.
When I did it for some of my gloves I did it outdoors in a bucket with a lid. I filled the bucket half full with water and added toilet bowl cleaner (HCl) to produce a HCl solution. I then added gloves, added the Bleach (NaOCl) and put on the lid. I then agitated the bucket to the best of my ability with the lid on, before opening the lid and stirring everything around. Finally I drained everything, and washed all the gloves in fresh water before drying. The amounts of each will vary based on the concentration, but you'll want approx. equal parts if I'm remembering correctly.

As Romm emphasizes, please take precautions when doing this. I wouldn't recommend doing it an enclosed space or even inside if you can avoid it. I'd wear full proper PPE, including a mask that's suitable for chlorine gas and long sleeved clothing, goggles and gloves to protect against splashes.
Checkout my photos on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/glovedworker/

Return to “Glove talk forum”