Acceptance of the fetish

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Acceptance of the fetish

Post by countrylatexglover »

I would like to know how many of you have been able to successfully wear gloves around friends or family your partner doesn’t count. Have any of you ever worn gloves around people you know or are close to? Do they say anything or Do you keep the gloves thing to your self?

If you keep it to just personal and or on the forum that’s great and what most do i think. If you have been able to wear them out with other people i admire your bravery and wonder how did it go and what kind of gloves? Did the people your around just learn to accept it or do they still get weird about it? Do they even pretend not to notice?

Hope this question is okay to ask still new to posting here and don’t want to offend anyone. Just curious to see if the glove world is making a little comeback into society in anyway.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this! If you think I might have asked a question wrong here feel free to say so or answer in a way you see fit!
tigga76

Re: Acceptance of the fetish

Post by tigga76 »

I often wear disposable and household gloves, also in public. For example, when cleaning the car or when working in the garden and DIY activities.
In the house I wear household gloves for cleaning and dishwashing, this not only if the family is there, but for example, even if parents or parents-in-law or friends are there.
I also wear a washable apron at home and sometimes gloves when cutting onions or similar. This also in the presence of visitors.

So far nobody has said anything about the apron or the gloves. Whether they find it normal or do not dare?
Our children know it, Papa cleaning with rubber gloves and cooking with apron, Mama without apron and without gloves (unfortunately). Let's see how the daughters do it later ...

At work I also wear household gloves for cleaning and disinfecting work. This morning, for example, to clean the computer keyboard and the computer mouse. Likewise, I wear gloves when I wash dishes.
The gloves I wear even if my employees are there, so far I was not addressed by them.
My employees themselves wear gloves very differently for such tasks, some for every little thing and others almost never.
countrylatexglover
VIP

tigga76 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:17 am I often wear disposable and household gloves, also in public. For example, when cleaning the car or when working in the garden and DIY activities.
In the house I wear household gloves for cleaning and dishwashing, this not only if the family is there, but for example, even if parents or parents-in-law or friends are there.
I also wear a washable apron at home and sometimes gloves when cutting onions or similar. This also in the presence of visitors.

So far nobody has said anything about the apron or the gloves. Whether they find it normal or do not dare?
Our children know it, Papa cleaning with rubber gloves and cooking with apron, Mama without apron and without gloves (unfortunately). Let's see how the daughters do it later ...

At work I also wear household gloves for cleaning and disinfecting work. This morning, for example, to clean the computer keyboard and the computer mouse. Likewise, I wear gloves when I wash dishes.
The gloves I wear even if my employees are there, so far I was not addressed by them.
My employees themselves wear gloves very differently for such tasks, some for every little thing and others almost never.

That’s nice that you can wear them around other people like that and they don’t say anything! And great that your coworkers join you with it as well to keep clean in the office!

Do you just wear rubber house hold gloves or latex exam gloves also? Can you wear them out in social situations yet or is that a stretch to try? And hopefully your spouse wears them for you sometimes.
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

Hi there,

Great Conversation starter!

I wear gloves around my husband all the time, it's a non-issue, but then he knows about my fetish. We both now wear driving gloves in the car and out and about in our travels and chores. I used to be very self-conscious about my wearing gloves like that, but have gotten to the point where I/We are comfortable with that and if people don't like it, oh well, it's their problem. I have had several discussions here in the forums and with a friend that has made it that much easier for me to be that comfortable.

I now wear gloves at work when I'm working around customers and various things at work, and its medical and cloth gloves both that I wear.

When the weather cools off towards the fall, I will wear leather gloves out and about more often, but for right now it can be tough to do so as it is getting into the summer and HOT weather :)

GY
countrylatexglover
VIP

GlovedYankee wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:54 pm Hi there,

Great Conversation starter!

I wear gloves around my husband all the time, it's a non-issue, but then he knows about my fetish. We both now wear driving gloves in the car and out and about in our travels and chores. I used to be very self-conscious about my wearing gloves like that, but have gotten to the point where I/We are comfortable with that and if people don't like it, oh well, it's their problem. I have had several discussions here in the forums and with a friend that has made it that much easier for me to be that comfortable.

I now wear gloves at work when I'm working around customers and various things at work, and its medical and cloth gloves both that I wear.

When the weather cools off towards the fall, I will wear leather gloves out and about more often, but for right now it can be tough to do so as it is getting into the summer and HOT weather :)

GY

Nice to hear that there are people who are willing to wear them out in public. Kinda wish the fashion would come back and not be looked at as weird! Even just wearing medical gloves out in public if you want. Sometime I can wear thin knit gloves when there is a slight chill in the air. More a fan of exam gloves.

Been wanting to wear them out more just don’t want family and friends to have something to say or get distant.
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

Yeah, I see more people wearing gloves a bit more now that i did a few years ago. People do look weird at you if you are wearing gloves, its just not part of the normal as it were for most.

Oh as for me, I love Leather, Cloth and medical gloves. I use and wear all of them at some part of the day or all day in some cases.

GY
countrylatexglover
VIP

GlovedYankee wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:43 pm Yeah, I see more people wearing gloves a bit more now that i did a few years ago. People do look weird at you if you are wearing gloves, its just not part of the normal as it were for most.

Oh as for me, I love Leather, Cloth and medical gloves. I use and wear all of them at some part of the day or all day in some cases.

GY
Do you ever wear your medical gloves out in public, or gloves in a social environment with friends? If so do they or did they say anything to you about it or did the get use to it? What kind of expressions do you see when wearing gloves and do you still shake hands or do people get shy?

Sorry for so many questions about it thank you for all your answers so far!!
Luckyhubby
Regular poster

Post by Luckyhubby »

Good topic.
I do wear gloves out in public almost everyday and while some people look at me a bit weird, what do i care. I wear leather gloves exclusively and do so with suits as well as regular street cloths. My wife is the same, but per the OP’s question i will not include her. We as a couple have many friends that acknowledge my / our glove wearing and do so themselves. Today, its almost 80 degrees here and i am wearing a pair of classic black leather driving gloves. I have worn them all day in and out of the office and my staff thinks nothing of it. In fact I have a few employees whom enjoy gloves as well and they wear them constantly as well.

Nice topic, look forward to other responses.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Luckyhubby wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:54 pm Good topic.
I do wear gloves out in public almost everyday and while some people look at me a bit weird, what do i care. I wear leather gloves exclusively and do so with suits as well as regular street cloths. My wife is the same, but per the OP’s question i will not include her. We as a couple have many friends that acknowledge my / our glove wearing and do so themselves. Today, its almost 80 degrees here and i am wearing a pair of classic black leather driving gloves. I have worn them all day in and out of the office and my staff thinks nothing of it. In fact I have a few employees whom enjoy gloves as well and they wear them constantly as well.

Nice topic, look forward to other responses.
Thank you for the responses so far everyone hope to see more of them. Glad you can wear them every day and think nothing of it. People who are close to me would probably not accept it as much and I wish they would! Love wearing exam gloves any chance I get mostly in private. I am curious to know how long it took everyone around you all to be accepting of it and let it slide or ignore it. I still wonder what people do when you go for a hand shake I get them a lot.
Luckyhubby
Regular poster

Post by Luckyhubby »

Country,

I too shake hands all day long and most people don’t bat an eye. That being said, the proper thing to do is to remove one’s glove prior to shaking hands. Not my style and i do as i like for the most part. Now when it is a very important meeting with a client, that is a different story as it could impact my business and the lively hood of my employees. In my personal life and day to day office life, i don’t care what people think. My family has known i was into leather and gloves from a young age they are good with it as is my wife’s family. As far as our friends, they all have their own “eccentricities and they think nothing of it. I get where you are coming from but there are much worse things one could be doing that wearing gloves is on the “vanilla” side of things.

Return to “Glove talk forum”