Why did gloves ever go out of style?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Why did gloves ever go out of style?

Post by countrylatexglover »

So I want to know when and why if anyone knows when did gloves as a fashion ever go away in the main stream of things? I so much wish it never did and that it only expanded.

I would love to be able to walk around in public when ever I want with gloves on and not get weird looks about it. I know there are a few of us who wear them still out in public as much as possible but no one actually does and leaves them on like in the summer time or spring.

What do y’all say or think about this?
rayray

Re: Why did gloves ever go out of style?

Post by rayray »

Smartphones...
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

dont think they ever gone out,jus shown less

u can still see them here n there on tv,in movies\tv\commercials etc

as for real life and public - most ppl who would give u a wierd look,are just havnt got to know the magic of gloves ;)

so *uck them,and wear what ya want,where u want,as much as ya want :)
operalove

Post by operalove »

I was thinking lately, maybe start a poll on the forum. I am curious to know the average age of glove fetishists in the forum.
I am wondering if younger generations are developing this fetish or are we the only latest survivors of 80s 90s who grew up surrounded by glove fashion
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

operalove wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:31 am I was thinking lately, maybe start a poll on the forum. I am curious to know the average age of glove fetishists in the forum.
I am wondering if younger generations are developing this fetish or are we the only latest survivors of 80s 90s who grew up surrounded by glove fashion
I would like to see that as well it would be interesting to see the age difference in a glove fetish. I feel like I don’t have much room at I am 27 but I think after my little age bracket from the 90s got older the fetish started to slip away and become more of taboo. Now that we have touch screens unless they started selling more fashionable touchscreen gloves we won’t see much of it for a while, at least in the states anyway. I feel like some one needs to just bring out a nice fashionable gloves that people would wear to bring it all back and just sell it out year round.

I cannot make a poll as I do not know how to. If someone would like to that would be great! Would love to see the age bracket of who still likes gloves. I would also like to see a poll to which is asking who would wear gloves in public if it was fashionable and who wouldn’t. It would also be fun to see if gloves came back in fashion how many people would branch off on their own and start wearing their favorite type of gloves out in public also.

I guess the public gloving has become more of a want for me for some reason I don’t know why but it is something I would love to just start seeing again. Or at least have it not be so strange anymore if People just wanted o wear them out for what ever reason and not get dirty looks. It likes we have a glove scare or something if people see them out in the wrong setting they tend to shy away from you thinking something is wrong. To me it’s sad but then I have a glove fetish so haha yeah.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

countrylatexglover wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:17 pmI cannot make a poll as I do not know how to.
When you create a new topic, scroll down. There are three tabs, "Options", "Attachments", and "Poll creation". Click on the last one, and the rest is self-explanatory.

You can create the topic here.

Return to “Glove talk forum”