can a glove fetish make you mentally stronger?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

sensualista
Occasional poster

can a glove fetish make you mentally stronger?

Post by sensualista »

so I've been wondering for a while already... can a glove fetish maybe be useful in certain ways?
this would probably only work for someone who has accepted their fetish. as long as it's causing you anxiety, it's probably no use trying to "work with it" to make you mentally stronger in some area.
for example: imagine someone has a phobia of spiders, but also a glove fetish. now maybe knowing that they can wear gloves when they have an encounter with a spider could be something that might help them work on that phobia? because while a phobia is a tough thing to overcome, they would also have the excitement of wearing gloves to counteract their strong negative emotions and might feel more empowered to face those negative emotions? would be interesting to hear the thoughts of a psychologist on this. maybe they'd roll their eyes and tell me they'd never "use" a fetish to get closer to therapy goals. anyway. I'm curious to hear other people's thoughts on this.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: can a glove fetish make you mentally stronger?

Post by countrylatexglover »

I would agree with this yes. There are just things we shouldn’t be touching that we do sometimes and gloves definitely help especially the ones I like, medical exam gloves. Pretty much due to the reason of how they feel to me. Although I actually hate getting gloves dirty unless I know that’s why their going to be used for them I can justify it. I would say they give you a sense of strength or confidence.
GlovedYankee
WWGFA donor

Post by GlovedYankee »

I had kepy my glove fetish to myself over over 50 years. It was my deep dark secret that i shared with no one ever, until here. I found the forum in January and found kindred that i can finally share this secret with others. It was a profound relief for me. in over two weeks time being here and reading and sharing i finally told my husband who hadn’t known in the 24 years we were together. I was always afraid to tell him and what the repercussions there would be, scared me to death from telling him. Once i did and he was perfectly fine with it, I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders and I was like a new me. My husband told me it was like i had turned on the light and suddenly i was free to be me, the whole me, gloves and all. So yes, its has most definitely changed how i feel on issues and banishing the last remaining secret of my entire life i feel has changed me for the better. Now i have a friend who I can confide in and have some deep conversations with in addition to my husband.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Well, speaking to that particular example: I'm not very fond of spiders myself, and I would never want them touching my gloves - or anyone's, for that matter. So my 'phobia' (I'm not actually arachnophobic, but for the sake of this example) would actually extend to the gloves as if they were a part of me. I don't wear gloves for protection, I want to protect them.

But, again, that's just about this particular example. I'm no psychologist, but I could see it working for some people.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

I want to add this too sorry I even forgot it! I have been trying to wear gloves out in public more and that is certainly making me step out of a comfort zone let alone be braver. I have to Have the courage enough to be around people with my nitrile gloves on and it’s not really easy! I feel better wearing knit gloves when I do anything in public because they are less noticeable that medical gloves. People don’t see knit fall gloves as a worry because they think maybe his hands are just cold but when I have the medical gloves on they do look at it differently and some get weird about it.

So does it make you stronger yes because your willing to be brave and step out of your comfort zone. Probably not what you expected to hear but yeah. If I didn’t know so many people who don’t know I like to wear gloves all the time then I would do it more, but since it is taboo to most people I don’t expected anyone I know to ever get it or accept it, although of course my fiancé accepts it she will even hold my gloves hand in public no matter the gloves material.

By the way the medical gloves I wear in public are not colored just plain non latex medical gloves so they stand out a little less!
Luckyhubby
Regular poster

Post by Luckyhubby »

Yes, once the wearer decides that he or she is not going to let society or the opinions (negative or the like) dictate how or what they are going to wear they will become stronger mentally. People put way to much stock in what others think. I have worn leather gloves outside almost every day this summer, sure i get looks but who cares. I do it because I like the look of leather and the feelings i get from wearing it. I have gotten just as many compliments as I have negative or disapproving looks etc. and i only wear women’s leather gloves. The old saying comes to mind “ thanks to those whom wish us well, and those whom don’t can go to hell!” Wear your gloves and enjoy!
FancoisGant26
Regular poster

Post by FancoisGant26 »

I do agree that this glove fetish can make (at least) me mentally stronger. I do for the most part, need to summon some amount of strength to wear leather gloves in the winter months. Due to this 'commitment' to express myself this way, it does take presence in other aspects of my life; though it does get easier and easier throughout the years. I feel I have gotten bolder with my everyday fashion sense, with certain accessories and whatnot. I do yearn for the day when it will be socially acceptable for males to wear fashion boots and pants tucked underneath. :p

Return to “Glove talk forum”