One glove

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Grim
WWGFA Orderly

Re: One glove

Post by Grim »

glovefetish wrote:I totally agree with JaneyE! Such a disappointment to see a girl in one glove or in fingerless gloves :-(
I'm with you on the fingerless gloves - simply horrible (although those with a lit cut in the tip for exceptionally long nails can look rather nice).

A single glove isn't a turn off for me but does cause a degree of curiosity as to what's planned for the other one though. Impromptu flogger, gag or ball spreader spring to mind but that may just be my own take on things :$
Everyone's a freak in one way or another - it's how much and how you choose to express it that counts. As long as it harms no-one (unless that's their preference, of course) then who are we to judge?
JaneC09
Regular poster

Post by JaneC09 »

mrs uni wrote:Fingerless gloves and even more annoying, those stupid mittens that can be flipped back so its possible to use smart phones are just ugh.
Oh my God, I want to burn those things everytime I see them. Really, what is the point?
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Wow, this topic has been silent much longer than I thought it was. :shock: :D

Anyway, I got a follow-up question! How do all you one-glove haters (I count myself among you, btw), feel about unmatched gloves? I'm doing the dishes these days in one yellow glove on my right hand and one white Kama Clean 708 on my left. That's why I started wondering. :)

I actually quite like wearing two different ones, since I don't have to choose between two favorites that way, but I don't think I've seen ever seen it a lot on women. Certainly not enough to know whether or not I like the look of it.

NB: this question is about all kinds of gloves. And maybe even about mixing different kinds: a leather glove on one hand, and a household one on the other, now that'd be interesting! :w00t:

*Edit: actually, I'll start a new topic for this, here. :-)
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

yeah im with you..

2012,wow :O i thought the last activity was like a year back,2 tops

what the hell :p
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

Rommeltje wrote:Anyway, I got a follow-up question! How do all you one-glove haters (I count myself among you, btw), feel about unmatched gloves? I'm doing the dishes these days in one yellow glove on my right hand and one white Kama Clean 708 on my left. That's why I started wondering. :)

I actually quite like wearing two different ones, since I don't have to choose between two favorites that way, but I don't think I've seen ever seen it a lot on women. Certainly not enough to know whether or not I like the look of it.

NB: this question is about all kinds of gloves. And maybe even about mixing different kinds: a leather glove on one hand, and a household one on the other, now that'd be interesting! :w00t:
I'm surprised you haven't seen it a lot Romm, I figured it was pretty common as people trash right gloves but the left ones go on forever because so many people are right handed and don't really use their left hand much. Turning spare left gloves inside out is a thing you see a lot (an alternative to buying new gloves). Now that's a sensation I don't like at all, that inside out glove feeling :? :down:. Mismatched gloves is fine with me, especially when it comes to rubber gloves, its a way of using up gloves whose partners have been torn or punctured.

As for different types of gloves, that'd work for me. But then again, we've already gathered I'm not with the herd on this one so this might just be a me thing too. Bet you could answer this one if you liked more than just households Romm? Have you ever had a go at mixing types of glove yourself?
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

mrs uni wrote:I'm surprised you haven't seen it a lot Romm, I figured it was pretty common as people trash right gloves but the left ones go on forever because so many people are right handed and don't really use their left hand much.
Wearing (rubber gloves) is not quite as common as it is in the UK, though. I don't see many gloves being worn here at all, let alone mixed pairs.
mrs uni wrote:Bet you could answer this one if you liked more than just households Romm? Have you ever had a go at mixing types of glove yourself?
I haven't actually. I don't own, nor have I ever owned, any other kind of glove. Well, except wool, but I don't count those. ;) (And no, I haven't mixed with those either. :p)

Return to “Glove talk forum”