One glove

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Re: One glove

Post by mrs uni »

Classygloves wrote:I agree with you. Wearing just one glove while holding the other in your gloved hand definitely a turn on to wear and to watch Syl
I kind of struggle with it and like it at the same time if that makes sense? Right now as I type I'm only wearing one black leather opera glove and have done for well over an hour. Earlier in the day I did have the left glove on too for a bit, maybe a couple of hours but I was single gloved for a while before that as well.

In the case of short wrist or not much longer length gloves I too like to hold the glove in the gloved hand and find it gives me a kick too Syl, but when it comes to an opera glove I like to run my bare hand along the long length of the gloved hand and arm (especially if its a nice bit of leather) and find that one hell of a turn on. Its just not a sensation you can't really appreciate from wearing both gloves.

I feel a bit anxious watching someone only wearing one glove if I can't see the other glove and know it can be put on at any time, but the same situation if I'm that person in only one glove its a turn on. There's something tantalising about holding back from putting on the second glove or deciding not to wear it at all, especially if like now its really hot inside my one glove (I'd probably struggle to remove it if I were to try to take it off, which I have no intention of doing) in contrast to my naked left hand. If I were to put on that black leather glove too it wouldn't feel as sexy somehow as I'd have given in to the temptation. Just struggling to hold out 8D
JaneC09
Regular poster

Post by JaneC09 »

I fucking hate one glove unless someone's already wearing another pair of gloves UNDER the one glove. I blame it on Michael Jackson myself... he ruined it for the rest of us.

I don't think I've ever in my entire life worn just one glove, I have to wear two. And wearing both rubber gloves for chores is a no-brainer. wmowrg I can't believe someone would only wear one glove for washing dishes. I remember breaking one of my rubber gloves one time and how bad it felt having my hand exposed. Luckily I carry a lot of rubber gloves.

As for fingerless, I flat out refuse to wear fingerless gloves. I hate them. I don't mind seeing them on men as they seem to have a certain look to them, but any girl who wears fingerless gloves is a HUGE turnoff for me. Blame smart-phones for that! I don't even own a smart phone. My old touch-tone Nokia works just fine, AND I can wear gloves when using it.
TheGlovemaniac
Banner Extraordinaire

Post by TheGlovemaniac »

I also hate fingerless gloves. The word LESS is really appropriate in that case as those gloves are way less attractive!
Image Image
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

JaneC09 wrote:I fucking hate one glove unless someone's already wearing another pair of gloves UNDER the one glove. I blame it on Michael Jackson myself... he ruined it for the rest of us.

I don't think I've ever in my entire life worn just one glove, I have to wear two. And wearing both rubber gloves for chores is a no-brainer. wmowrg I can't believe someone would only wear one glove for washing dishes. I remember breaking one of my rubber gloves one time and how bad it felt having my hand exposed. Luckily I carry a lot of rubber gloves.

As for fingerless, I flat out refuse to wear fingerless gloves. I hate them. I don't mind seeing them on men as they seem to have a certain look to them, but any girl who wears fingerless gloves is a HUGE turnoff for me. Blame smart-phones for that! I don't even own a smart phone. My old touch-tone Nokia works just fine, AND I can wear gloves when using it.
Fingerless gloves and even more annoying, those stupid mittens that can be flipped back so its possible to use smart phones are just ugh. Hate them and would ban the bloody things if had I any say in the matter. Don't recall ever having any and wouldn't wear fingerless gloves ever ever, just no, what is the point? Sadly there seems to be a whole generation going round in these monstrosities >:((

I find it unbearable wearing a rubber glove that is punctured or damaged, even the tiniest hole, so small you have to really stretch the rubber to see it is enough for me to bin it and that happens immediately and a new one goes on/new pair. For some reason that freaks me out: I really detest it and hate seeing someone else wearing a broken glove even more, it just makes me shudder. Rubber gloves, even for jobs that don't involve water still need to be watertight at all times (and I wear them for the majority of housework- cooking, hoovering, sorting laundry, everything really lol) tears and punctures just aren't acceptable, end of.
TheGlovemaniac
Banner Extraordinaire

Post by TheGlovemaniac »

Totally agree with you mrs uni! For me, just seeing skin where the entire glove should be is a total turn off. Only one glove is even worse! >:((
Image Image
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

TheGlovemaniac wrote:Totally agree with you mrs uni! For me, just seeing skin where the entire glove should be is a total turn off. Only one glove is even worse! >:((
So true, nothing worse than seeing a finger sticking out of a torn glove :'( Now that is a situation where no gloves is better than one glove. If that happens to me and don't have fresh new pairs to hand (like that would ever happen :rolleyes: ) or at the very least a spare glove for the same hand, I'd take off both and do without.

Speaking of single gloves, on your site there's an Orphan glove section; what does that mean? My understanding of the expression was when you'd lost a glove the remaining one you have is an orphan but that's something different, right? :S

As for going outdoors in a single (leather in this case, I have about 15, 20 pairs of 'day' (up to elbow length) gloves and they're all leather) glove, its's something I've never ever done for more than a fleeting second or two before; only if I have to take my left glove off as a total necessity. However, its something I see other women do so often round the supermarket, more often than not you don't even see the empty glove, its not in their gloved or naked hand, occasionally its discarded in their trolley but more often than not it's tucked away somewhere completely out of sight.

It's not something I've ever done, but I like to experiment with my glove wear. It was a freezing cold sub zero day yesterday so naturally I was gloved anyway but as soon as I got in the store I took off my left glove and held it in my gloved hand. As I was having a bit of lunch before going round the shop itself, that glove remained on until I'd queued and ordered my food/drink, paid and had found a seat. Upon finishing, the right glove went back on immediately, the left zipped away in my bag. I intended to leave it there until we left the store but I managed only a minute or two before I simply had to don that one too, it was too cold not to (the store in nototious for being freezing cold). Halfway up the first aisle there was food tasters avaiable so the left glove was off again, a matter of seconds since I'd drawn it on. This time it stayed off, zipped back in my bag until it was time to leave the store and it completely necessary to wear the other again too because of the cold.

I felt a bit self conscious in just one glove but after about 10, 15 minutes I pretty much got used to it, both hand seemed to aclimatise to their surroundings. Strangely my black leather covered hand was colder despite the fact its glove was well lined and has a six inch long cuff. For the last half hour or so I almost forgot my hands didn't match. That said, it isn't really something I would do unintentionally and surprisingly, I seemed for onceto be in the minority and the majority of the other female customers kept on both of their gloves like I always do :rolleyes:
TheGlovemaniac
Banner Extraordinaire

Post by TheGlovemaniac »

mrs uni wrote:
Speaking of single gloves, on your site there's an Orphan glove section; what does that mean? My understanding of the expression was when you'd lost a glove the remaining one you have is an orphan but that's something different, right? :S

Ahh, I think I'll rename this section as it seems to be confusing! :p You are not the first one to ask what does it mean!! :S In fact, this section was meant to be scenes with missing informations, such as movie title, cast, year etc. If any of you have suggestions to rename this section with a better no confusing name, help me! :tongue:
Image Image
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

TheGlovemaniac wrote:If any of you have suggestions to rename this section with a better no confusing name, help me! :tongue:
How about simply "Unidentified glove scenes"? Or, if you wanna go all intellectual on our asses, "Apocryphal glove scenes." :p
TheGlovemaniac
Banner Extraordinaire

Post by TheGlovemaniac »

Rommeltje wrote:
TheGlovemaniac wrote:If any of you have suggestions to rename this section with a better no confusing name, help me! :tongue:
How about simply "Unidentified glove scenes"? Or, if you wanna go all intellectual on our asses, "Apocryphal glove scenes." :p
Hahahaha, we can forget the intellectual thing! :p But Unidentified Glove scenes is a good idea! :p
Image Image
glovefetish

Post by glovefetish »

I totally agree with JaneyE! Such a disappointment to see a girl in one glove or in fingerless gloves :-(

Return to “Glove talk forum”