Introduction

Introduce yourself here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

CharlieCC

Introduction

Post by CharlieCC »

Hi folks!

I've been browsing this forum for a little while but now I've signed up and already put my first post up, I oughta remember my manners and say... introduce myself.

I'm male, 23 and from the midlands and been into gloves for a good while now. Usually leather gloves and household rubber gloves. At the age of four, I remember a stunning and leggy blonde primary school teacher who would frequently wear black leather gloves when keeping an eye on kids in the playground. There were also occasions during that time when I'd catch sight of Kitchen staff wearing yellow rubber gloves to clean tables at the end of mealtimes.

I didn't really understand my interest to them until at least I hit puberty and was delighted to find...the release button so to speak. I never stole or collected gloves, much happier to watch from a distance. Better still was when I reached secondary school (or high school if you speak American :biggrin: ) when I saw that they had an open kitchen next to the canteen and could very easily see some of the staff wearing household gloves when cleaning up or washing dishes by hand later on, always in red or pink rubber gloves (the biggest bonus being that if there was a young and pretty female member of the kitchen staff, it was always inevitable that she would wear the gloves at some point during the day, often during a study period where we'd do our homework in the canteen but I just enjoyed watching them work with the gloves :-) )

On the leather gloved front, a huge bonus would be the winter when a small number of the female students began to wear black leather gloves during the winter. I remember one of them -who was a little younger than me- was the spitting image of a brown haired Sarah Alexander and looked absolutely stunning wearing them! <3 I came very close to dating her but sadly that never transpired :'(

The only difference is that I never wear rubber gloves, purely because I hate wearing anything that would make me sweat or overheat in any way (this includes waterproofs), so I never stole gloves or collected them. I very much prefer padded sports gloves for casual wear and seeing others wear households or leather - i.e: the opposite sex. However, I do have a pair of padded black riggers gloves purely for gaffer work I do from time to time, (or at least I did until they needed replacing!) If that's your cup of tea, I may well post a photo or two on this forum 8)

I'll also share anything else interesting I find as well - I've already sent the Milla Jovovich image up but I'm sure there's similar stuff out there...
Charlie
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Introduction

Post by Rommeltje »

Hi Charlie! Welcome to the bunch! :D

It must be such a delight to grow up as a (household) glove fetishist in the UK. It seems to be very common to see women working in schools wearing them. No such thing in the Netherlands, unfortunately.

Then again, that may also be why there seems to be a disproportionate amount of British glove fetishists, especially those with a thing for rubber gloves. :-)

Anyway, enjoy the forum! :yay:
Braveheart1984
Regular poster

Post by Braveheart1984 »

Yeah, I remember school canteen staff wearing rubber gloves when I was at primary and secondary school
CharlieCC

Post by CharlieCC »

thanks! will do!

In schools it seems to be the case, do you remember them being worn more commonly among certain canteen staff than others? Use of household gloves in public seems fairly commonplace though. For example, if you take a glance over the counter of anywhere that serves food (delis, fishmongers in supermarkets, cafes and so on), you're bound to see household gloves whether they are being worn or not.

leather gloves are common around winter but mostly with people who were fashion conscious to some degree.
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

Ooh, somebody who knows who Sarah Alexander is.

Hullo Charlie, welcome to the board :)
gungegod
Regular poster

Post by gungegod »

Yeah my girlfriend works in a nursery school and is always telling that she spends most of her day there cleaning in long household gloves!
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

CharlieCC wrote:if you take a glance over the counter of anywhere that serves food (delis, fishmongers in supermarkets, cafes and so on), you're bound to see household gloves whether they are being worn or not.
No such thing over here. :no:
CharlieCC

Post by CharlieCC »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! :up: And yeah, there oughta be a few Sarah Alexander photos floating around as well so people not in the know as to who I mean...

Funnily enough, I am friends with a fair few female primary education students so they may well be doing much the same :-)
gungegod
Regular poster

Post by gungegod »

Yeah if there In primary education it's very likely that they will be getting their gloves on quite a few times! :)
CharlieCC

Post by CharlieCC »

Brilliant! I know one of em (slender pretty blonde) has yellow ones behind her toilet for cleaning her bathroom, never seen her wearing them - at least, not yet! Her best friend (pretty dark curly hair), doesn't but the idea of her gloving up is a pleasant one!

Return to “Introductions”