My Glove Fetish Story

Introduce yourself here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

SimplyRobin
Occasional poster

My Glove Fetish Story

Post by SimplyRobin »

Hi, I'm Robin, and I have a glove fetish. Shocking, I know. So, I decided it would be a good idea to start posting here, because I figured out I had a glove fetish rather recently, and I was surprised to find an active group for it, which is more than I can say for some of my other fetishes. I figured I would share my glove fetish story.

Like most people, I've had this fetish since I was a child, but there are certain things that separate my story from others.
I've always noticed that gloves made me feel weird. I'm not entirely sure how it developed, but I do have a few theories. It probably has a lot to do with me watching gloved villains on TV as a child. I don't think that's the whole story, but I do think it's a large part of it. Throughout my life, I've gone through two sex-negative phases for absolutely no reason at all. The second one happened in middle school, but the very first one happened when I was a child, trying to figure out why gloves made me feel so weird.

This is where my story deviates from most people's, but when I was a child, I decided to hate gloves, and I made sure everyone knew it, too. I would make random comments about how much I hated them. Looking back, that made absolutely no sense, and trying to push it away only made it worse. Eventually, I just decided to embrace it, and then I kind of put it away and I didn't think about it for years.

Recently, BDSM and other fetish related stuff have kind of become a topic of interest for me, and I was thinking about some of the fetishes I have, and I finally took my glove fetish out of the dusty glove box, and I actually had to think to myself, "Wait a minute, this is a fetish, isn't it?" And here I am. I plan on posting more and trying to foster this fetish, and I've been enjoying browsing through the forum thus far, and I'm surprised to find that glove fetishism is fairly common.

Well anyway, that's all for now. Bye.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Re: My Glove Fetish Story

Post by countrylatexglover »

Welcome to the forum robin hope you find it as helpful or as enjoyable as the rest of the members have so far. Lots of different story’s here to see and talk about. Hope your glove fetish becomes or is a positive part of your life that you can embrace and enjoy! Hope that any negatives from your past get out weight by positives of your future! Again welcome into the forum!
Ber75
Regular poster

Post by Ber75 »

Welcome to the forum. I too found out I had a fetish later in life .
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Hi Robin! Welcome aboard! :whoop: And also: welcome (back) to the fetish. ;)

The way you used to assert an aversion to gloves sounds a bit like how some homosexuals try to deny and repress their orientation as well. I'm glad you've come to accept that side of yourself! Seems like the healthier way to be. :)

Enjoy the forum!
weasel2000
Regular poster

Post by weasel2000 »

Welcome; this is a pretty diverse group...what kind of gloves do you like? Does your glove fetish mesh with other things? I think my glove fetish was also reinforced by sexy dangerous/strong women in gloves - Linda Carter as Wonder Woman, the Bionic Woman ect...
SimplyRobin
Occasional poster

Post by SimplyRobin »

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum, I'm glad to be here. I feel like I should answer some questions.

1. "what kind of gloves do you like?"
Since I only figured out I had this fetish recently, I'm still new to all the different types of gloves and terminology that exists. I think I would like most gloves, but I'm not really in a position to be trying out a bunch. I feel like I would like most gloves in their own special ways, but there are some that I know I would love. I love the look of leather gloves and I bet they would feel amazing. I also reeeaaally love gauntlet-cuffed gloves. I live for those things.

2. "Does your glove fetish mesh with other things?"
Absolutely. I think watching villains on T.V. as a kid helped developed my glove fetish, but it also developed other fetishes as well. I find that a lot of them intersect in the same places. For example, I've also recently figured out I have a mad scientist fetish, and gloves do play a role in that, case in point, the aforementioned gauntlet-cuffed gloves. I think those affected me the most as a child.

I've barely scratched the surface of how many fetishes I have and all the complicated ways they connect. I don't really know if it's normal to have so many fetishes, but not normal doesn't equal bad.
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

Welcome Robin! I can relate to your fetish story too and found it such a relief to realise I wasn't alone in this fetish and that my fetish backstory was similar to so many other people's, reading the experiences section on here was like a homecoming/validation that I was ok.

And you are too! Enjoy and explore your fetishes, they are a part of what makes you, you. No need for guilt or denial :)

Return to “Introductions”