Posting Personal Pictures

Got a query? We can help!

Moderator: Jake

metaltemplar21
Occasional poster

Posting Personal Pictures

Post by metaltemplar21 »

I have a question for any admin or anyone knowledgeable who knows how to do this: I would like to start posting personal glove pictures, but I'm not sure how to do it. I'm also wondering if it would be easier to post links to the pictures, as they are on my tumblr, if this doesn't work? Hlep please! :???:
wmowrg
MIA

Re: Posting Personal Pictures

Post by wmowrg »

Hi,

There's two ways of doing this .... Depending upon where your pictures are in the first place

If they're on your own PC/Tablet/Device, the easiest way is as follows ......

When you post a message, pictures can be attached by ensuring you are using the "Full Editor" and not the "Quick Reply" option.

The message pane will open up and you'll see all the smiley icons to the right.

Scroll down this page and you'll see the Save/Preview/Submit buttons, carry on past these and you'll see an "Upload Attachment" tab.

Click on this and it will give you the opportunity to select a file from your device, select it in the usual manner by clicking "Choose File" and then once selected hit "Add The File".

The screen will refresh and offer you the option of "Place Inline" or "Delete File"

Select "Place Inline" and your photo will magically appear in your message post. :whoop:

The second option is that if your photos are held online, you can normally just right click on the photo and copy/paste the picture's URL into your message post.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you encounter any problems ............ :8up:
metaltemplar21
Occasional poster

Post by metaltemplar21 »

It helped a bunch! I was obviously blind to the "upload attachment" tab. Haha. Many thanks!
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Additional note: uploading attachments is not the preferred method of posting pictures. It's better to upload them to an external host (preferably Imagebam) and post the gallery here by posting the BBCode provided by the image host.

You can indeed also post them directly from your Tumblr, though that is a little more cumbersome if you want to post a lot of pictures. To do that, just navigate to the picture you want to post, right-click on it and choose "Copy image URL". Then use the Img-tags to post it in a message. It'll look like this:

[img]image-url[/img]

You can also make the picture link to the original Tumblr entry by adding URL-tags around it, like this:

Tumblr-url[/color]][img]image-url[/img].

Uploading your pictures directly to the forum takes more time and is a burden on our monthly traffic allowance.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Return to “Help Desk”