Smooth posting series: quoting others in thread

Got a query? We can help!

Moderator: Jake

SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Smooth posting series: quoting others in thread

Post by SexySurgical »

• Quoting helps people for quick reference, so people don't have to scroll back, (either literally or) figuratively in their (t)h(r)eads.
  • You can quote other people, even yourself w/ the button right next to the avatar on the right side of a post.
  • Actually, the post form page also has a Quote button right next to good ol' B, i and u we all know from MS Word and stuff. You can then make

Code: Select all

[quote][/quote]
    into

Code: Select all

[quote="someonesomewhere"][/quote]
  • Even though I might still relapse into what I've done up until very recently, I suggest you write your response above the quote. This makes it more readable in for example search results, as the engine isn't good @ filtering out quoted text.
  • One subject (/quote) per post suggested, as this helps mental schemata, and people who want to quote to respond, do not have to edit out the other subject.
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Re: Smooth posting series: quoting others in thread

Post by SexySurgical »

Please discuss, comments, retort these 2 last points w/ me:
SexySurgical wrote:
  • Even though I might still relapse into what I've done up until very recently, I suggest you write your response above the quote. This makes it more readable in for example search results, as the engine isn't good @ filtering out quoted text.
  • One subject (/quote) per post suggested, as this helps mental schemata, and people who want to quote to respond, do not have to edit out the other subject.

Return to “Help Desk”