My first (real) Examination gloves purchase! (UK)

Got gloves to trade? Looking for a specific pair? Know a good website that sells 'em? This is the place

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

jdflem
Occasional poster

My first (real) Examination gloves purchase! (UK)

Post by jdflem »

Hi all,

After years of stealing the examination gloves from my company's first add kit, from all of the companies where I have worked, I've decided to make my first purchase lol. I know it sounds strange, but have put off a purchase of a 'box of gloves' as not to cause suspicion by my gf ! You can't really justify why you have got 5 boxes of different types of gloves, different colours, 500 pairs just hanging around for general house use .... Then explaining why these are slowly dissapearing and getting replaced lol.

I am interesting in buy some type of latex (or nitrile) examination gloves... I have bought the odd packet (not box) or Spondex (?) latex gloves on occasion (pack of ten)...

The types of gloves I like are blue latex/nitrile gloves (Similar to Mistress T's clips with the blue gloves), pink, orange or green... I prefer thin tight gloves.... I don't like vinyl.

I know there are lots of places online to buy, but I really don't fancy having to sign for the parcel at home and would prefer to pick these up from some sort of store or something...

I'd love to have some advice -- Latex or Nitrile? Thickness? With a grip? Powdered? I tend to prefer tight thin latex exam gloves, with a bit of a cuff...

I remember there was one pair of latex exam gloves that I got (stolen from a first aid kit again lol), which went yellow the next day after trying them on, these were also powdered... Although these were short lived, then felt amazing !!

Anyone any ideas where I could go and pick something up, Asda, Tesco, motorworld, Aldi / Lidl, pound savers? As I suspect these types of shops may have them...?

Any suggestions would be great !

Many thanks !

Return to “The Market Square”