Seeking help on UK Military leather gloves

Got gloves to trade? Looking for a specific pair? Know a good website that sells 'em? This is the place

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

rayray

Seeking help on UK Military leather gloves

Post by rayray »

Recently the military gloves got my attention and I found that the UK RAF uses a type of white leather gloves
looks kinda tight and in a right length.
I searched on eBay but unable to find size 7.

So I wonder if any one in the UK can find some of these gloves in size 7, used (actually preferred) or unused condition.

Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AngelSlayer
Regular poster

Re: Seeking help on UK Military leather gloves

Post by AngelSlayer »

Although I'm not from the UK but I think I know who made the gloves showed in your pictures.

I'm 99.99 % sure that those are from Southcombe gloves (Est.1847) , they are one of two approved suppliers of this glove to the UK Air Ministry (stated in their website) :8up:

Check this model out.

Aircrew (Pilot's) Gloves

Description ; 'Designed to cope with the exacting standards required by modern pilots, this glove offers high levels of comfort and dexterity. Made from a top grade cape sheep nappa leather processed in the UK and supplied by Pittards, this leather not only has water and sweat resistant properties but through the use of Pittards Armortan® is more resistance to abrasion thus increasing the durability and longevity of the leather by preventing wear on contact surfaces and materials. The glove is table cut in the traditional manner and sewn full pique. It is supplied in both mens and ladies sizes. The ladies sizes are cut from true ladies patterns, not small mens patterns. Southcombe are one of two approved suppliers of this glove to the UK Air Ministry.'

Specification ; 100% Water and Sweat Resistant sheep nappa leather.

Price ; 35 Pounds (+4.5 pounds for the shipping within the UK or +10 pounds for worldwide shipping)

Size 7 is available of course ! (in White or Black)

as you can see they look exactly like the one from your pictures , both in length and style. :up:

If you want to buy them here's the link http://www.southcombe.com/aircrew-pilot ... 38#tdesc_2

I ordered 2 pairs of leather gloves from them last year , fast shipping and good customer service :wave:
rayray

Post by rayray »

AngelSlayer wrote:
I ordered 2 pairs of leather gloves from them last year , fast shipping and good customer service :wave:
Thanks man, too bad they ran out of size 7 on both Mens and Ladies

I msg. the guys who sold me UK Military black dress leather gloves for these white gloves,
and hopefully they have some not yet listed.
(These gloves are great too...one of the best gloves I ever got)

BTW, what gloves did you get from Southcombe?
AngelSlayer
Regular poster

Post by AngelSlayer »

rayray wrote:
BTW, what gloves did you get from Southcombe?
I bought 2 pairs of 'Kelly' Opera leather gloves back then http://www.southcombe.com/kelly-silk-li ... black/p167
Pity , they're my least favorite pairs of opera leather gloves coming from UK companies. The leather quality here is good but the one from Dents , Chester Jefferies , LUX etc. are just ...better to me.

Return to “The Market Square”