Shopping for gloves in Rome, Italy.

Got gloves to trade? Looking for a specific pair? Know a good website that sells 'em? This is the place

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

AngelSlayer
Regular poster

Re: Shopping for gloves in Rome, Italy.

Post by AngelSlayer »

Thank you for sharing the pictures man.

From Rome with (g)LOVE(s) , could be a name for another Bond film back in the '60 lol

Anyway , great purchase ! All of the gloves here seems to have fine/strong stitching , look at the detail on that perforated yellow leather ... that just awesome :biggrin:

With good care they will last you for 50 years+ ! that's for sure :nod:

I didn't expect to see Red Roeckl gloves at all. What a nice surprise !

This is the first time I see their Red pair outside the webshop. Nice pair by the way , still looks very new. I like that Roeckl's tiny metallic hand logo near the buttom edge of the

gloves too , they 're one of a few (if not the only one) traditional glove manufacturer that has this feature. Excluding those high end fashion house e.g. Gucci , Chanel , Hermes

etc. that always have their metallic logo stamped on the gloves.

Have you seen this vid yet ? A German lady 'Vanessa' wearing the exact same model of Roeckl that you own but hers is in Black ( Starts at 2.34 )

GreatLeather

Post by GreatLeather »

AngelSlayer wrote:Thank you for sharing the pictures man.

From Rome with (g)LOVE(s) , could be a name for another Bond film back in the '60 lol

Anyway , great purchase ! All of the gloves here seems to have fine/strong stitching , look at the detail on that perforated yellow leather ... that just awesome :biggrin:

With good care they will last you for 50 years+ ! that's for sure :nod:

I didn't expect to see Red Roeckl gloves at all. What a nice surprise !

This is the first time I see their Red pair outside the webshop. Nice pair by the way , still looks very new. I like that Roeckl's tiny metallic hand logo near the buttom edge of the

gloves too , they 're one of a few (if not the only one) traditional glove manufacturer that has this feature. Excluding those high end fashion house e.g. Gucci , Chanel , Hermes

etc. that always have their metallic logo stamped on the gloves.

Have you seen this vid yet ? A German lady 'Vanessa' wearing the exact same model of Roeckl that you own but hers is in Black ( Starts at 2.34 )

This Vanessa lady is so beautiful and sophisticated! :luv:
lupin_nz
WWGFA donor

Post by lupin_nz »

I have the same Roeckl pair as the one Vanessa has in her videos, was lucky to find one place on Amazon that shipped to NZ as all others were either Germany or Austria. The quality is indeed really good and seem to stretch very well too. At least they're still readily available, just limited on where they ship to.
Using an alias but you call me Brett if you want. :)
AngelSlayer
Regular poster

Post by AngelSlayer »

lupin_nz wrote:I have the same Roeckl pair as the one Vanessa has in her videos, was lucky to find one place on Amazon that shipped to NZ as all others were either Germany or Austria. The quality is indeed really good and seem to stretch very well too. At least they're still readily available, just limited on where they ship to.
Wow nice ! that pair is a rare find indeed. I hope their main site will ship globally in the future. Do you plan to get more gloves from them ? perhaps the opera length one :up:

Is it just me or Roeckl seems to be focusing on other accessories besides gloves lately ? in the past couple of years their social medias posted lots of pic about scarves etc I rarely see gloves pic :-(
lupin_nz
WWGFA donor

Post by lupin_nz »

AngelSlayer wrote:
lupin_nz wrote:Wow nice ! that pair is a rare find indeed. I hope their main site will ship globally in the future. Do you plan to get more gloves from them ? perhaps the opera length one :up:

Is it just me or Roeckl seems to be focusing on other accessories besides gloves lately ? in the past couple of years their social medias posted lots of pic about scarves etc I rarely see gloves pic :-(
Hopefully they will. I would have liked to get an unlined pair but it's too expensive to get many of for me.

I've noticed that too on Instagram. Must be low on designs currently.
AngelSlayer
Regular poster

Post by AngelSlayer »

lupin_nz wrote:
AngelSlayer wrote:
lupin_nz wrote:Wow nice ! that pair is a rare find indeed. I hope their main site will ship globally in the future. Do you plan to get more gloves from them ? perhaps the opera length one :up:

Hopefully they will. I would have liked to get an unlined pair but it's too expensive to get many of for me.

I've noticed that too on Instagram. Must be low on designs currently.
If you want it just go for it , leather gloves will last a lifetime anyway. Save up a little and they will be yours in no time :8up:

PS. I know that a lot lambskin leather gloves are made from EU's lamb (e.g. France) , what about NZ's lamb , are they famous for being a fine glove making material too ?
lupin_nz
WWGFA donor

Post by lupin_nz »

I wouldn't know when it comes to gloves, sorry. Mainly it was overseas ones I got.
AngelSlayer
Regular poster

Post by AngelSlayer »

It's okay man :)

Return to “The Market Square”