Shopping for gloves in Rome, Italy.

Got gloves to trade? Looking for a specific pair? Know a good website that sells 'em? This is the place

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

lglove

Shopping for gloves in Rome, Italy.

Post by lglove »

Hi all!

I just arrived for a weeks vacation in Rome, Italy. I was wondering if anyone has any good advice on where to buy nice leather gloves (I know Sermoneta has a store here), as well as nice household gloves? Are there anywhere I might also be able to get hold of some nice surgical gloves too? Any advise and suggestions are welcome!!!

BTW! I did find a grocery store here that sells unlined Spontex gloves!!!!! <3
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Shopping for gloves in Rome, Italy.

Post by Rommeltje »

lglove wrote:BTW! I did find a grocery store here that sells unlined Spontex gloves!!!!! <3
Oh yeah? Which grocery store is that? I went looking for gloves when I was in Rome, but I didn't find anything interesting.
lglove

Post by lglove »

:???: The store was named Conad or Conard!
lglove

Post by lglove »

Ok! So the sum of the first full day in Rome: 4 pairs of Spontex Silky unlined household gloves in size S & M. Also bought 2 pairs of really nice unlined leather gloves in a store close to Fontana di Trevi. 8D
AngelSlayer
Regular poster

Post by AngelSlayer »

Hey , I hope you 're having a good time in Rome ! , it's been almost 4 years since my last visit.

There 're at least 3 Glove shops (Leather) in Rome that worth checking. 2 Shops are located near the Spanish Steps

1.Sermoneta glove (you said you already knew them) on the left of the Spanish Steps.

2.Di cori , 100 m. away to the left from Sermoneta glove.

and there 're also

3.Mieli glove (Via San Claudio 70 Rome, Italy 00187) I've never been to this shop yet but I heard that Actors / celebrities in the 60s - 70s liked to stop by , they still have several signed pics of those famous peoples on the wall inside the shop too.

Well , I bought 2 leather gloves from 'Di cori' that day , They 're black leather - unlined 8 button and 12 button in length and none from Sermoneta lol (their shop was crowded that day and I did'nt want to wait :lmao: )

Since I own gloves from Both Di cori and Sermoneta I can tell you that ,The leather from Di cori is Thinner than Sermoneta , very similiar to the vintage 'kid' leather gloves which is good imo and because they 're not a 'big' store like Sermoneta , their price 're cheaper too. However , I find that gloves from Sermoneta have better Stitching quality and the leather is somewhat Shinier. So ... Pros and Cons :ugeek:

I hope that Helps ! , Happy Glove hunting :8up:
lglove

Post by lglove »

Hi mate!

Thanks for the info. I have been to all 3 and even found a store on Via Ottavio by the Vatican (it was not open though). I bought 1 pair of short unlined leather gloves, though not from Sermoneta. Also found a very nice leather store by Fontana di Trevi. They only charged 30EUR per pair of short unlined leather gloves.

Do you happen to remember what you paid for the 12 button length gloves?

Again, thanks for your help!
lglove

Post by lglove »

On another note! I found a small supermarket close to my hotell that sells Marigold gloves, unlined! Marigold Il Leggero. Very similar to the Featherweight gloves, though they seem to be made of thinner latex/rubber!
AngelSlayer
Regular poster

Post by AngelSlayer »

lglove wrote:Hi mate!

Thanks for the info. I have been to all 3 and even found a store on Via Ottavio by the Vatican (it was not open though). I bought 1 pair of short unlined leather gloves, though not from Sermoneta. Also found a very nice leather store by Fontana di Trevi. They only charged 30EUR per pair of short unlined leather gloves.

Do you happen to remember what you paid for the 12 button length gloves?

Again, thanks for your help!
Wow that's a lot of shops for only a first few days :biggrin:

Thanks man , I noted those shops you mentioned and will go visit them visually via Google or the next time i have a chance to go Rome again.

For your question , I think I paid around 120 Euro (as showned in their website) for the 12 Button one , They also gave me a discount as I asked for a tax refund , so 2 gloves costed almost ... but still under 200 Euro that day.

Actually , that was my first glove shopping experience ever , in a physical store. So i was a bit nervous :shock: I think i'm not the first person among us fetishist to use this excuse
'I'm looking for gloves for my mother , for her birthday present' :rofl: They must 've thought my mother must be quite fat as I asked for size 8 HaHa.

They first brought the 8 button for me to inspect on the table , then I asked if they have a longer ones so they showed me another pair ...12 button

that 12 button gloves looks very long to my eyes that day since I can't try them on (Obviously !!) I guess that must be the longest length they have. ( since they never mentioned the word 8 , 12 button ... normal people wouldn't understand that term anyway) So I told them I will buy them both :up:

And then ... when I came back from that vacation I checked their website and BOOM , They do sell the 16 button length too >:(( >:(( >:(( and the rest is history.

Can't wait to know that on your last day in Rome , How many newly bought gloves will be put in your luggage Haha , Perhaps you can snap a photo of them for us too ! :up:

Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

good info in here,thanks a bunch :D
lglove

Post by lglove »

:w00t: Ok, so I thought I'd check in with you guys and girls and to let you know what I have found so far.

I have been running around in everything from small market shops, to large chain grocery stores and the tally so far:

Unlined Spontex Silky: 4prs of size S, 4prs of size M and 2prs of size L.

A brand of gloves called Selex I got 1 pair though they are unlined! :8up:

I also was lucky to find unlined Ansell Supersottile, which are unlined as well, 3prs in size 7.

In a store named Elit Supermercado, I found a brand named, Panorama Guanti Satinati (unlined) and I bought 3 prs of those gloves.

Last evening I found Marigold gloves in a small shop close to my hotel. Named Il Leggero and unlined, although I could only find them in size M. Got 2 prs though for trading if anyone is interested?! :hmm:

I think I told this earlier, but I have got 3 prs of short unlined leather gloves as well. One pair I bought at Di Cori. Very nice and soft leather.

I will try to post some pics of all the gloves when I get back home after the 10th of Aug.

Romm: Which grocery stores did you go to when looking for unlined household gloves? PM me if you are interested in maybe do an exchange or so?

I will try to update again if I find more unlined household gloves before I leave Rome in 3 days time! 8D

Return to “The Market Square”