Shopping for gloves in Rome, Italy.

Got gloves to trade? Looking for a specific pair? Know a good website that sells 'em? This is the place

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Shopping for gloves in Rome, Italy.

Post by Rommeltje »

lglove wrote:Last evening I found Marigold gloves in a small shop close to my hotel. Named Il Leggero
Like the comedian Natasha Leggero, who's often seen wearing leather gloves? 8-O Is that a coincidence? :hmm:

lglove wrote:Romm: Which grocery stores did you go to when looking for unlined household gloves? PM me if you are interested in maybe do an exchange or so?
I have no idea anymore, to be honest. I went to one just around the corner from Termini station, but I don't remember its name, nor any of the other ones I went. You've definitely done way better than me, though! :up: I guess there was just so much actual Rome I wanted to see in just three days that I didn't really have time for a thorough glove hunt. :-)

I'm actually getting a big shipment of new gloves in a couple of weeks, so I'm good for a while again, but thanks for the offer! :D
lglove

Post by lglove »

Hi Romm!

Sounds good regarding your glove shipment! What gloves are you getting? :hmm:

If I were to get some gloves for you, what size are you looking for? Maybe we could do some trading? :$

I think I have spent maybe a total of about 4 hours in 6 days looking in different grocery stores here in Rome in order to get hold of the gloves I got so far, not counting the leather gloves though! ;)

Well take care mate! I will try to post some pics when I get home to Sweden again! Might take a couple of days though! :'(
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

They're all rubber household gloves. :up: Well, a bunch of them are actually industrial, I guess, but it's the same category for me. I'll try and post pictures once I've got them!

I'm a size 8, but I usually don't buy more then 1 pair of a type of glove (I have limited storage space), so I don't have anything to trade. Sorry. Besides I like shopping for gloves, so I'd rather buy them myself. :)
lglove

Post by lglove »

Hi all!

So now I have finished my vacation trip to Rome and on my way home yesterday, I stopped by Sermoneta's glove store at Leonardo da Vinci Airport and ended up buying 2 pairs of short leather gloves, which put my total purchases of leather gloves in Rome to 5 pairs.

The gloves from Sermoneta are thinner and a bit more supple leather than the leather gloves from the other stores in Rome, though a bit more expensive than the others. The quality of the Sermoneta leather makes up for this though in my opinion. <3 The closest I have found qualitywise regarding leather gloves are leather gloves made from Pittards leather, as well as from the glove manufacturer Hestra here in Sweden. :shy:

So all in all it was a really nice trip as well as getting hold of some really nice gloves, both leather and household. If anyone is interested in maybe doing an exchange in household gloves, please send me a PM.
AngelSlayer
Regular poster

Post by AngelSlayer »

Hello lglove

What a glovely vacation you just had haha :lmao:

5 Leather gloves (along with other types of gloves) from one trip , that's awesome ! :up: I also saw that small Sermoneta shop at the airport too. But I didn't dare to go in , since my family (mother and sister) was there too , I don't want to explain why I wanted to buy more gloves since I already bought 2 at the Spanish Steps :lmao:.

About the suppleness on your gloves that 's differ from mine , I think It must be because leather is a natural product , so it's not 100% the same like Plastic or synthetic stuff ... that' s for sure.

I've heard and visited Hestra website for several times now but never own gloves from them yet , maybe in the future ! They're similiar to Germany's Roeckl to my eyes , since both also make various sport gloves too. For Pittards , I do have 3 gloves made from their leather (that I am sure of) , 2 of them 're from the manufacturer in Ukrain , not that soft ... but the last pair is a bespoked gloves made in the UK. Damn this one is almost paper thin :yay: they 're made from Aniline sheepskin 0.55 mm ( :nod: ) as shown below.

Hope the gloves in your collection give your newly bought ones a warm welcome :wave: hej då
GreatLeather

Post by GreatLeather »

I think that I need to visit Rome now :8up:

Have fun with all of those gloves!

I am looking forward the photos!

Enjoy
GreatLeather
lglove

Post by lglove »

Hi AngelSlayer and GreatLeather!

AngelSlayer, where are you from? Yeah, the gloves are are from different leather it seems like, even though they are all made in Italy. The Sermoneta gloves (2 pairs) are really soft and thin leather and the stitching in them are very good. The other gloves are made from slightly thicker leather and not quite as soft as the ones from Sermoneta!

Regarding the leather gloves from Hestra. These gloves are made here in Sweden as far as I know and I have a store in central Stockholm. Let me know if you wish for me to make a trip for you to buy some! ;) I bought a pair of riding gloves from them and these gloves are REALLY nice, made from high quality leather!

I have several pairs of Dents leather gloves, both unlined and lined (silk). A few of them are driving gloves, and the others are ladies shorter style gloves! I also own several pairs of Roeckl leather gloves, both the short style, as well as opera length unlined ones! :D

GreatLeather: Yep! The gloves are awesome! The reason for me buying so many pairs of household gloves, was with maybe trading with anyone interested here in our community on WWGFA! I am thinking of making a list of gloves I have that I am willing to trade, and see what gloves others are willing to trade in return for them! What do you think about that? :hmm:

I am also thinking of trading some of the leather gloves that I have at home, as I have accumulated quite a collection (I estimate around 50 pairs of leather gloves)! :$

I will try to get some pics posted during the coming weekend of the gloves I got in Rome, as well as some from my private collection! :S

Well, take care guys and to you other guys and girls here on WWGFA: PM me if you would be interested in trading some gloves, leather, household, or fashion latex ones!

Have a (g)lovely day to all!!! 8D

Regards
AngelSlayer
Regular poster

Post by AngelSlayer »

lglove wrote:Hi AngelSlayer and GreatLeather!

AngelSlayer, where are you from? Yeah, the gloves are are from different leather it seems like, even though they are all made in Italy. The Sermoneta gloves (2 pairs) are really soft and thin leather and the stitching in them are very good. The other gloves are made from slightly thicker leather and not quite as soft as the ones from Sermoneta!

Regarding the leather gloves from Hestra. These gloves are made here in Sweden as far as I know and I have a store in central Stockholm. Let me know if you wish for me to make a trip for you to buy some! ;) I bought a pair of riding gloves from them and these gloves are REALLY nice, made from high quality leather!

I have several pairs of Dents leather gloves, both unlined and lined (silk). A few of them are driving gloves, and the others are ladies shorter style gloves! I also own several pairs of Roeckl leather gloves, both the short style, as well as opera length unlined ones! :D

GreatLeather: Yep! The gloves are awesome! The reason for me buying so many pairs of household gloves, was with maybe trading with anyone interested here in our community on WWGFA! I am thinking of making a list of gloves I have that I am willing to trade, and see what gloves others are willing to trade in return for them! What do you think about that? :hmm:

I am also thinking of trading some of the leather gloves that I have at home, as I have accumulated quite a collection (I estimate around 50 pairs of leather gloves)! :$

I will try to get some pics posted during the coming weekend of the gloves I got in Rome, as well as some from my private collection! :S

Well, take care guys and to you other guys and girls here on WWGFA: PM me if you would be interested in trading some gloves, leather, household, or fashion latex ones!

Have a (g)lovely day to all!!! 8D

Regards
Hello !

I'm from Thailand , a place where needle in a haystack is way easier to find than good leather gloves ! (:o well since we don't even have Fall or Winter season.

Since you asked where I'm from , I 'm going to tell you about some of my glove shopping experience in Bangkok.

During my Teenhood , I could't find any good leather gloves in Bangkok , I searched every department stores and every possible shops in the city but found none :down:

So I had to live with my 15$ wrist length ...made in China leather gloves (Plus 2 old vintage leather gloves belonged to a family member) for many many years.

Until this day ....29th December 2010 I wandered into big Zara shop in the heart of Bangkok (just opened not long before that ) for the first time and I walked directly to woman

section , hope to find leather gloves ! I thought that chance were pretty slim and then ....I saw this pretty woman (probably 24 - 25 years old) trying on 12 button leather glove on

her right arm with her friend , Oh man!! I couldn't believe my eyes 8-O that was the first time I'v seen a woman in long leather gloves ... outside the screen. That moment lasted

for only 20 seconds though , then she left the place without buying those gloves. Without any hesitation I dashed ...I mean walked ! to that counter and saw this little box

full of leather gloves. There were 2 models in total

1.) 12 button leather gloves with 3 points on the back of the hand (90 $)
2.) 8 button leather gloves with nylon lining (70$)

I could't find the pic of the 1st one on the internet anymore but this is what the 2nd one looks like Image

at the time they were that best leather gloves I've ever seen (Now ? medium quality of course 8D ) So I bought them both , even tried them on in the toilet next to Zara shop :8up:

I had a lot of good memory with them ... Well 2 days later my GF at the time agreed to wear the 12 button one during sex ! Life was good back then.

Fast forward to September 2016 ... in one of those high-end department store , I bumped into leather gloves again. No ... not Zara , H&M , Mango or Uniqlo. It's actually a good

stuff this time! I walked past this small area on the Ground floor selling Hats , Scarves and gloves. I saw leather gloves in various color from Black to Red ... from Yellow to Blue

some with Fur cuff , some with strange looking zipper. This event hit me pretty hard as I never expect to see any of these in Bangkok. As an experienced leather gloves fetishist ,
I knew right away after 1 touching that they 're good stuff , Lambskin perhaps ! And no surprise when I flipped the glove to see the tag I saw Agnelle and Maison Fabre

Damn I was in French leather gloves heaven :lmao: (I already own a pair of Opera leather gloves from Agnelle before that but none from Maison Fabre though)

I Chatted with this nice salesperson about these leather gloves after she approached me , even made up an excuse that 'I'm a photographer looking for gloves for my photoshoot'

It was funny though when you realized that you know 10 times more about glove than a salesperson herself lol

I ended up buying this 6 button Studded lamb leather gloves with silk lining from Agnelle.

And a pair of Unlined driving gloves (also lambskin) from Maison Fabre

(same model except this one is cashmere lined)

From that day until now I've bought 3 more leather gloves from this place , that lovely salesperson still works there and recognizes me very well :biggrin:

That was my major glove shopping in Bangkok in the past decade , the rest of the collection comes from Online buying of course :8up:

Your story must be 100 times better than mine since you live in Sweden Iglove :up: where there 're Fall and Winter ... women in leather gloves (and leather boots !) walking in the street in those cold weather. Thank you for your kindness regarding to Hestra glove Now I think i'm still fine without them :-v

I have several pairs of Dents too , Call me Crazy but I have 5 opera leather gloves from Dents 8O according to their site , 3 of mine are 58 cm. (2012 - 2014) while the rest are 62 cm.(2016) Otherwise they are exactly the same :? If love can make peoples blind , the word 'SALE' can do the same :twitch:

Well I own 0 pair of Roeckl since they only ship to Germany and Austria. Worst part is I walked past their shop in Munich in Oct 2012 but didn't go in because our group (tour group) was on our way to a Chinese restaurant >:(( >:((

So did you get them from one of their shop? or some E-shopping from website. Do your Roeckl's opera gloves look like this ?
Or they 're without 3 wrist buttons (saw that on Ebay years ago)

Since they 're also made from Hairsheep leather How's their softness when compare to Dents ?

Wow! 50 pairs of leather gloves !! , I bet all the mistresses out there must be jealous of your collection. :yay:
(Now you shall be known as King of leather gloves ... of Sweden :mrgreen: )

länge leve kungen !

Have a nice weekend ! :wave:
lglove

Post by lglove »

Hi all!

Just an update with some pictures of the leather gloves that I bought in Rome! As I said earlier I bought 5 pairs of short leather gloves, of which 2 pairs were bought at the Sermoneta Store at the Leonardo Da Vinci Airport! :D
Sermoneta Yellow.jpg
Sermoneta Black.jpg
Italy.jpg
Italy2.jpg
20170813_095259.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lglove

Post by lglove »

AngelSlayer: The Roeckl gloves are soft, though I think they are not quite as soft as the gloves from Sermoneta they are rather damn close! :)
Roeckl long1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “The Market Square”