Only place left to buy KCL Cama Clean 708's

Got gloves to trade? Looking for a specific pair? Know a good website that sells 'em? This is the place
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Only place left to buy KCL Cama Clean 708's

Post by Rommeltje »

Bad news, guys. KCL/Honeywell has discontinued the Cama Clean 708 (aka the perfect jerk-off glove :mrgreen:).

I had purchased a couple of pairs from hygi.de a few years back, and have been using them (well, the right one anyway :rolleyes:) until they deteriorated too much, and then went on to the next one, assuming I could just buy a new batch once I had gone through them all. But when the time came, I couldn't get them anywhere anymore! 8-O

I tried a seller from Luxemburg who claimed to still have them (with a minimum purchase of 10 pairs), but it turned out they had to order them at Honeywell as well, and only then found out they weren't coming anymore, and had to cancel my order.

Eventually, I found a seller on eBay who still had them in stock, but only in size 9 (I'm a size 8). I decided to get ten of them anyway, since there just isn't an alternative anymore. They obviously don't fit as well as the 8's did, but it's not too bad. It's the way they feel that counts, after all. Although, I must say, upon first try, they seem a tad more plasticky than what I was used to. But I'm hoping that's just the newness.

Either way, long story short: if anyone else still wants to get them, and is ok with getting them a little oversized, this is the eBay seller I got them from. There's a limited amount left, so be quick if you want them.
Jimglove
Regular poster

Re: Only place left to buy KCL Cama Clean 708's

Post by Jimglove »

It's such a shame, so many great gloves have disappeared since covid - the rush to disposables seems unstoppable. That coupled with the march of nitrile gloves, and it's bad news for rubber glove lovers. Sadly also, bad for the environment since either of those two options result in more non-biodegradeable waste.

KCL/Honeywell don't seem to manufacture any latex based gloves now, as far as I can see?
Vincentio
Occasional poster

Post by Vincentio »

I too agree that's a shame that a very small minority with latex allergy is shifting the entire industry to nitrile, but there is hope with Thailand and China, they are investing in rubber plantations. In the future the majority of latex will probably came from there. It might not be a very good news for the environment either.
tigga76

Post by tigga76 »

Of course not identical or a 1:1 replacement, but maybe worth a try: viewtopic.php?t=25974
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

tigga76 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:35 pmOf course not identical or a 1:1 replacement, but maybe worth a try: viewtopic.php?t=25974
I have those. But they can't compare in my opinion. The 708's feel so great because of how thin, soft, and flexible the rubber is. The 726's, while better than a lot of other similar gloves, just aren't quite as good.
traxxas67

Post by traxxas67 »

Does anyone want to do a group buy from the USA? As much as I'd like to try a pair of these paying $4 for a pair of gloves and $25 for shipping kinda doesn't make sense
Rubrglvlvr
WWGFA donor

Post by Rubrglvlvr »

That sucks. I have 2 pairs in size 7 and 2 in size 8. The 8s are a bit big on me and I fear the 9s will be way oversized. I'll have to preserve what I have. Should've bought more when I had the chance.
I love rubber gloves!

Return to “The Market Square”