What were the first gloves you bought?

Post your real life glove stories here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Joesweegmen
Regular poster

What were the first gloves you bought?

Post by Joesweegmen »

I just thought of this question because I was remembering buying my first box of medical gloves and the excitement that came with it. So I was wondering what everyone's first gloves that they bought were.
AngelSlayer
Regular poster

Re: What were the first gloves you bought?

Post by AngelSlayer »

First pair of gloves I bought was a cheap , Made in China leather gloves (around 15$) I found at the shop selling winter clothing. I remembered that I was very excited after asking the female seller to pass that gloves for me to take a look , plus she even tried one of them on for me to see too ! I was around 15 at the time.

Current status : thrown away because they were getting too dirty from those sex toy lotions I used several years after.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Alright, story time. :rolleyes:

Household gloves are my poison. When I was young, my mom used a pair of white rubber gloves for doing the dishes. They had a bit of a gripping pattern, but they were so soft and rubbery, and they smelled great. I had used them on myself a couple of times (though only through my pajama pants, because that would be disgusting otherwise :-P), and really wanted to get a pair of my own, but I was too embarrassed to just go to the story and buy them.

When I was sixteen or so, I devised a plan. I knew where my mom kept her gloves of course. So one day when I noticed she didn't have any spare ones anymore and the ones in use looked like they needed to be replaced, I thought of something I would need to buy at the store where those gloves were sold (HEMA, for any Dutchies reading along). Before I went out the door, I asked her if there was anything I could pick up for her, and sure enough, she asked me to pick up a pair of the gloves! :D This was less embarrassing, because now I was buying those gloves as an errand for my mom, rather than for myself - and of course nobody would then question that second pair I bought with it :-v. Not that the cashier would ask about it anyway, but it was enough to have that excuse for myself.

I was so happy my plan had worked. :-)

Unfortunately, the universe had other plans. :no: When I came to the glove section, it turned out that they only had one pair left! 8-O Now I was stuck having to buy these gloves (which would still be slightly embarrassing), and then having to give them away to my mom! :twitch: What's worse was that I ran into two girls from my school at the register, two girls who were always teasing me (I would say bullying, but it was never that bad). I was sure they saw that I had bought gloves, and probably saw right through me. It was so awkward.

And the bad luck wasn't over with that. I figured I would just buy the gloves for myself some other time (now that I had gone through it once, buying them without a (real) excuse would be a bit easier), but as it turned out, that pair wasn't just the last they had that day, it was the last they had ever! :*(

I was so sad. I really wanted a pair of those gloves, since they were the first gloves I ever encountered - and therefore the origin of my fetish - but it wasn't meant to be. :( Instead, I bought a pair of red gloves at the same store a little while later. They were nice, quite thick, but they were rather short, and way oversized (size 9). I still have that pair. But I never did get those white ones anymore. :-/
lupin_nz
WWGFA donor

Post by lupin_nz »

Remember my first pair well, though it's funny I've yet to try on a mens pair, I've only had womens pairs since then. I was really wanting to experience leather gloves for myself but didn't really get to see them around in stores much and no one in my family certainly had anything near to that. :S Got my first pair for about $60 discounted to $45 back when I was 18 (2010) at a home department store. Brand was "La Mia Borsa" which I couldn't find much info on, maybe a store exclusive, but at the time, it was just exciting to have my own leather gloves then. Black wrist length ones but that was all I could find.

For the most part, it was the only pair of leather gloves I had, except for another cheaper pair I spotted for $20-25 at another home department store a few years ago that felt softer, but less quality.

I didn't start looking into getting more pairs as well as vintage leather gloves till last year, which has grown quite a bit, mostly from Ebay and a couple from Etsy in different colours and in various lengths from wrist length all the way to 22-button length (27-29 inches) :o . I still have my first La Mia Borsa pair which I thought were gorgeous at the time, but they definitely aren't as nice and soft compared to the ones I've been able to get over the last year.

I guess it was not knowing how much better they could be that halted my interest in getting anymore over the years, but I'm still on the lookout for any that catch my interest. Pretty much my story.
Using an alias but you call me Brett if you want. :)
glovedworker
Regular poster

Post by glovedworker »

First gloves I actually had to buy were: Ansell Sol-Vex II, Ansell Chemi-Pro 87-224 and a box of Ansell Micro-Touch DP 73-405. Around the same time I bough some Ansell canners gloves and some Omni-Pro gloves from eBay, but they were not very enjoyable.
Checkout my photos on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/glovedworker/
GreatLeather

Post by GreatLeather »

The first pair (leather gloves) that I bought (that weren't gifts) was a cheap pair I bought in a drug store.
They were soft and comfortable, but after one winter the leather started to dry out and crack.

Return to “Experiences”