My day as a Motel Housekeeper

Post your real life glove stories here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

GloveLoverGlenn

My day as a Motel Housekeeper

Post by GloveLoverGlenn »

Hey guys so this is a true story that happened a few months ago.

A few months back i was looking for part time work to make some extra money. I am looking to get engaged in the next few months and rings are very expensive. So i was on indeed and found a housekeeping position at a motel about 30 ish minutes away. The drive made it so i couldn't take the job.

However my interview was a working interview. The housekeeping manager wanted me to work for the day to see if it was work i could do or not. I agreed and started work after a quick walk around interview.

The manager walked me around and took me to the housekeeping closet where everything was kept. It was a small Motel as there were only 3 housekeeping staff working at the time. The manager handed me an apron/ smock and walked me through everything in the closet.

Finally i spoke up and asked if they had Gloves. My excuses being im a bit weird about having clean hands which is true but not my real motivation. He said yeah and handed me a box of vinal gloves. I as a Household rubber glove fan was a bit disappointed.

So i decided to ask the manager if they had the "Yellow Gloves" as i called it to not seem to know alot about it. I told the manager since i would be cleaning toilets i wanted something longer and that protect better. the manager told me that they did not for the housekeeping staff but did for the kitchen staff for the small connected dinner.

The manager said to hang tight for me and left for a few minutes. He came back with a pair for me. Which made me super happy. they smelled like used rubber and dish soap which i really like. I thanked him and we went off to clean my first room.

We arrived at the first room with our supplies and he told me i may want to put the gloves on if i get worried about germs. so i did and put a pair of vinal over them so as to not cross contaminate. He taught me all i needed to know and said do you think you can handle the rest of the day from here.

He sent me on my way with a list of rooms and a cart. i spent the next 6 hours in Rubber gloves cleaning motel rooms and i was so happy. I spent most of my day on my hands and knees scrubbing toilets and bathtub's but honestly i would do it everyday if i could.

If i did not need my level of income to maintain my home and car i would quite my job and enter the housekeeping industry to combine my love of Rubber gloves and cleaning. At the end of the day he asked me if i got all my rooms done and when i could start. I told him i wish i could but the drive was to much. He thanked me for my time and took the gloves and apron back from me.

Wish i could have kept the gloves but did not want to seem weird about it.

Anyway thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed my experience. Im thinking about trying to get a weekend housekeeping job or start one for housekeeping. Let me know if you have any suggestions or recommendations on how to do this lol.
glovefetish

Re: My day as a Motel Housekeeper

Post by glovefetish »

Nice story, thanks for sharing. It could've been an awesome and pleasant experience, though. :8up:
I totally understand that you would love to work and feed your fetishism at the same time, because I do so. I've been cleaning for 8-9 years at the same company just to being gloved all the time. I cannot live without wearing rubber gloves. My very first experience was something similar like yours back in 2005. Me and my girlfriend went for a longer term stay to the UK. I had to apply for a job, first time in my life to pay our accomodation. I got the job easily. As far as I remember that was an Audi garage what I had to clean every single evening after the guys finished their shift. Just the basic type of tasks like sweep up and take out litter and engine parts and mop up the tiled floor, but everything was just swimming in dirt and oil. I had a trial day I guess where the previous cleaner showed me everything. I didn't dare to put on any gloves so my hands were black after two hours of hard work. Therefore I brought a pair of yellow household gloves from home next day and I clearly remember when the manager lady noticed them and said "Ah, you have gloves!". Seemingly other cleaners never used those type of household gloves over there. But I was more than happy to being gloved during my summer job...Good old memories! ...and I've never been working without gloves since then.
So am I don't like disposable latex or nitrile gloves, despite those are the basic gloves at our company (100 pairs in a box) and no one else using household ones besides me! But I am pretty sure, no one else enjoys the work as much as I do! :p

What else can I say in the end, if you have an idea to get a part time job on weekends. Well, just go for it, I am with you! :up:
GloveLoverGlenn

Thanks for sharing your experience as well. Hopefully some day soon ill have a job i can indulge my fetishes with as well. For now i guess i just have cleaning my house. My girlfriend loves that i do moat of the house work anyway less she has to do.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Ha, yes. :lol: Should you ever become single again, just put "I've got a fetish for cleaning the house" on your Tinder profile, and watch the matches roll in. :mrgreen:
GloveLoverGlenn

Ha yeah right. Hopefully i never loose my girlfriend though i lover her and shes more then happy to indulge my fetishes for me if i ask.
glovefetish

Post by glovefetish »

You are a very lucky man, then.
GloveLoverGlenn

I chickened out. I was recently offered a job at another hotel chain for housekeeping and chickened out of the opportunity for fear of ridicule for having a position like that. i am ashamed i did not take the opportunity and do the thing i wanted to do.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Aw.

I'd probably have done the same, though. When I was young, I always wanted to work in a shoe store, so I could help women try on boots all day (that's how it would be in my imagination, at least 0:)), but years of watching Married with Children kind of put a damper on that dream. :lol:

Return to “Experiences”