Wearing gloves publicly

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Deafplonker03
Occasional poster

Wearing gloves publicly

Post by Deafplonker03 »

Hey everyone, hope you all are well. I was curious about wearing leather or latex gloves in public places such as a local cafes, as it is my fantasy. My question is, is it stupid or not? Please tell me, cos I don't know that if it is crazy or not.

Thank you for your time.

Have a good weekend!
shed740
Regular poster

Re: Wearing gloves publicly

Post by shed740 »

Depending on the style, leather is probably never going to raise too many eyebrows. Latex more likely would, particularly in deepest Mid-Devon where you are.
Deafplonker03
Occasional poster

Post by Deafplonker03 »

Thank you shed740, for your reply. It was helpful.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

i think i wrote here some years ago.

i dated some crazy younger then me girl,didnt last long

but she wore long leather gloves for me twice,day after day,for going out purposes :)

it was nice,i still have the memories...(doubt it will ever happen with the wife..)
Mistress_Michelle
Occasional poster

Post by Mistress_Michelle »

I agree with shed740,

I also like the thought of wearing a pair of gloves to visit a cafe or restaurant, and then I would prefer to keep my gloves on the whole time while sitting, drinking, consuming food etc..

Would anyone reading enjoy visiting a cafe with a gloved companion?

Would it focus your attention?
Ber75
Regular poster

Post by Ber75 »

I also like the the thought and do wear my leather gloves to a restaurant . I also use my gloved finger to point out items on the menu just to draw attention to my gloves . Which sometimes I get a compliment.
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

I've seen a guy who kept his leather gloves on for almost all the time he was in a cafe in a department store. It attracted a fair number of eccentrics so wearing gloves while eating and drinking didn't attract much attention! If I'm able to give a tip it is this; go somewhere you know would feel comfortable, yet you're unlikely to meet anyone you know there. Somewhere a bit upmarket where everyone would be too polite to comment or give you any hassle. Department stores are perhaps perfect, impersonal but not unfriendly. And don't do latex gloves out and about, that probably would attract attention in a less discreet way. Let us know how you get on :D
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

I wore some black latex gloves while cycling one day. Perfect way to get away with it, 'cos you're gone before anybody sees you, and most people would assume they're just cycling gloves anyway ;)
dopefish

Post by dopefish »

Ceramic wrote:i think i wrote here some years ago.

i dated some crazy younger then me girl,didnt last long

but she wore long leather gloves for me twice,day after day,for going out purposes :)

it was nice,i still have the memories...(doubt it will ever happen with the wife..)

Now is the perfect time for it to happen with the wife. Long leather gloves are actually fashionable for the last few years. Take her over to pintrest and look at outfits that go with them.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

few problems there

1) i live in asia,as in its hardly any winter\fall in here (maybe 20-25 fully rain days and a few snow ones...thats it) - so its never gonna happen
2) wife likes to stay home,doesnt like to go out too much
3) she prefers to wear outside those lame short cotton gloves,rather then long quality really-warming leather ones - go figure

so i get my action indoors rather then outdoors (thats just the way it is...oh well - maybe in next lifetime ;))

Return to “Glove talk forum”