Advice for a russian brand (leather)

Got gloves to trade? Looking for a specific pair? Know a good website that sells 'em? This is the place

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

operalove

Advice for a russian brand (leather)

Post by operalove »

Hi everyone,

I just bought a pair of gloves from a shop on ebay and they claimed the leather is from Pittards but actually when I opened them, I found some other russian name and the Pittards label was not even attached to the gloves ( Check the attached picture)
Well the quality seems acceptable but the size is a little big so I am thinking about returning it or changing it.

I just wanted to ask if someone knows this brand or can check their russian website (the english page does not have a lot of info)?

Is it worth it to reorder a smaller size or better return it and check another shop?
Last edited by operalove on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
lglove

Re: Advice for a russian brand (leather)

Post by lglove »

Hi mate!

I know that Pittards leather is sold, as far as I know, around the world, to other glove manufacturers. Of course you can never be certain, but I bought a pair of opera length leather gloves from Ukraine through eBay a number of years back, and the leather was really nice and soft, as well as supple! As I have a couple of pairs of leather gloves made from Pittards leather, I compared the quality, and the opera gloves I bought was as good quality as any of the others, so my guess is that my latest purchase really was made from Pittards leather! :)

Here is the link from the seller: https://www.ebay.de/itm/NEU-Schwarz-Led ... S1J5s3Aivg

So, my suggestion for you is, to check if the leather is really nice and soft, supple and well worked. If the price is good and you are satisfied that the gloves are well worth the price you paid, I think you can be happy with them! ;) (I think I may have posted the gloves for sale in the Market Square here if you check the picture links I have enclosed there)

Good luck mate!!
operalove

Post by operalove »

Hey,

Thanks a lot for the hints. It is actually the same shop you mentioned where I got my gloves from.
I am quite satisfied with the quality of the leather but it was not as tight and long as I expected so that's why I am changing them.
You're probably right it can be pittards leather but not directly designed by pittards.
I guess ukranian and russian sellers have quite good quality, I like watching russian gloves ves videos on youtube :p
lglove

Post by lglove »

Hi mate!

Cool! So what size gloves did you order from them? I got the size 7.5 myself!! :)
operalove

Post by operalove »

I am used to Asian websites where XL is like M or less :P So I ordered size 8.
It was European size 8, a little big for my hands. So I need 7.5 too
lglove

Post by lglove »

Hi,

I realised I forgot to ask about the length of the gloves that you ordered from eBay? I think mine are between 55-60cm long (a bit uncertain, as I don't have the gloves here when I away on vacation), . I can check if you are interested when I get home next week, Monday evening?! I guess your gloves are black in color? Mine are! ;) Would you be interested in maybe swapping gloves, as I am actually interested in getting hold of a pair in size 8?! You can PM me if you want!

Regards
operalove

Post by operalove »

I am so busy I didn't send them yet. So if we can trade that would be as good idea.
It's the same pair black but the length is 48 and not very tight at the elbows.
Check yours too. I think they are actually same length
lglove

Post by lglove »

Hi mate!

I will have a look as soon as I get home again tomorrow evening! Can you do me a favor and measure the width of the hand of the gloves, above the thumb? I just wish to make sure they are the correct width for my hands. ;)
lglove

Post by lglove »

Hi mate!

Sorry I didn't get back to you regarding the length of the gloves, but I got home and got busy, as having been away for a week! I have measured the length and the gloves are 48cm long. They are however size 7½ according to the tag. I measured the width of the hand of the gloves and they are 8.25cm in width! Still interested in swapping? :)

Return to “The Market Square”