A replete collection of household gloves

Show off your glove collection here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

A replete collection of household gloves

Post by Jake »

So at long last I've bothered to do the infamous laying-out-every-pair-of-gloves-you-own-on-a-bed-or-similar-surface trendy craze that we have on the board. Turns out I have a fair few more unique pairs than I thought! Quite a few of the below are just one pair of many (particularly the LDLPs of which I have 12 pairs).
IMG_0414.JPG
Top-bottom, left-right:

Casabella WaterBlock
Ansell BNFL (unlined)
Bizzybee multipurpose
ASDA "Chosen By You" (extra-small, though marked S)
Tesco washing up
Marigold sensitive skin (extra long, unlined)
Starwash Everyday Essentials (from Poundland - they're shit for almost any purpose)
Xin Da bi-colour (unlined)
Spontex silky (size "L" but feel medium (and I'm a small; the mediums fit like a small - I now have a pair of those too), unlined)
MAPA TechniMix
Bodyguards household (pretty much unlined)
Unbranded dark blue from Malaysia
Click 2000 Mediumweight in yellow (also had these in red but I don't know where they've gone)
Power Force from Aldi (come in yellow and pink and seem to be copies of Optima Shield)

Second row:

Marigold kitchen
Cumfies pink
Premier light blue (they have another blue pair which don't fit properly, so these may be a newer version)
Lakeland moisturising gloves (feel quite furry inside)
Lakeland "Lovely" (extra long, unlined)
Lakeland anti-allergy with green fingertips (unlined)
Marigold Industrial (extra long)
Morrisons cleaning
LDLP Gloveman Supplies Ltd. (got plenty of these and they all fit really nice)
ASDA Chosen By You* in pink
Waitrose essential (2 pair pack)
Bodyguards household
Optima Shield in pink
Polyco "Deep Sink" (really long)

*These may be the "Smart Price" instead of CBY - I can't quite remember. The pink ones are in a packet while the yellow XS ones are in a rectangular box.
** I found out what these are accidentally. Thanks to Morrisons for putting them at a cheaper price.

So there we have it. There are a couple of other unique pairs missing which I discarded due to sizing issues, such as Spontex tough (red and orange, M) and Venitex bi-colour (blue and yellow, 7), may they rest horribly with their large fingertips.
I bought four new pairs today (Morrisons and the Lakeland trio; they were on at 3 for 2) so that's buffed the numbers up a bit. Look at all the pretty colours!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: A replete collection of household gloves

Post by Rommeltje »

Wow, nice variety! Did you buy some of them (the Asian ones in particular) on travels? Or did you get them online? There's lots of gloves I've never tried yet there. Plenty left to experience! :D

Are the Lakeland Lovelies those purple ones? They look great! How do you like them? And which are your favorites?
Jake

Post by Jake »

I'm sure I would have tons if I went travelling, but sadly not. All of these either come from eBay or shops in London. Some are independent local shops so you get a better variety in there, but most of them don't do any in my size.

Indeed, those purple ones are the "Lovely" ones (newly purchased!). All three of the Lakeland brand ones are made with latex alternatives so they all have a different texture to one another. The purple ones fit pretty well in the hand but are quite open on the wrist. The completely white ones are padded with something called Moisyl (I think) so they don't fit as well. White and green ones are lovely!

Of all the ones I have shown above, it's difficult to pick favourites... The MAPA TechniMix are the ones I know will now get most use around my flat because a guy in black gloves suddenly makes him seem more manly (right?) and they are definitely a fantastic pair. The orange Ansell ones feel all silky and lovely because they have no lining and they are chlorinated, so they probably win. Maybe they tie with the pink ones from Tesco :P
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

A Tesco pair as the winner? Didn't expect that. :)

When you say "shops in London", do you mean like in the centre of London? Or more in the periphery? Because I had quite a hard time finding gloves other than Marigolds or Tesco's own brand in London centre. Did the Lakelands come from London as well?
Jake

Post by Jake »

Anywhere that still has a local community feel about it has these independent shops. You're generally unlikely to find many in the centre, but you don't have to go far from the tourist areas to find them. Whitechapel, Stratford, Deptford and Lewisham are only minutes away from Central but they're still full of street markets. Find a street market and you'll find the shops!
wmowrg
MIA

Post by wmowrg »

Jake wrote:Anywhere that still has a local community feel about it has these independent shops. You're generally unlikely to find many in the centre, but you don't have to go far from the tourist areas to find them. Whitechapel, Stratford, Deptford and Lewisham are only minutes away from Central but they're still full of street markets. Find a street market and you'll find the shops!
..... which is what I've been saying for years ..... :nod:
Jake

Post by Jake »

I've found out what those white unlined gloves were: They're Spontex Silky. I bought them in a medium today because I still can't work out how their sizing chart relates to actual hand sizes as it's very inconsistent across their range. But I remember Rommeltje once said he found their larges quite tight, so I took a gamble witha medium and it paid off! Can't argue for £1.80 anyhow.
gloveloverus
VIP

Post by gloveloverus »

Hmm, are those Spontex Silky have a bit of lining? I think I might have the older version of them but from France, so don't remember what they were called. They're definitely slightly smaller size then other typical size charts such as from Marigold.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Jake wrote:I remember Rommeltje once said he found their larges quite tight, so I took a gamble witha medium and it paid off!
Hooray for me! :D
Jake

Post by Jake »

gloveloverus wrote:Hmm, are those Spontex Silky have a bit of lining? I think I might have the older version of them but from France, so don't remember what they were called. They're definitely slightly smaller size then other typical size charts such as from Marigold.
The inside is pure white as opposed to eggshell on the outside, but they're completely unlined.

Return to “Glove collections”