Leather gloves for sex?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Rommeltje
The man in charge

Leather gloves for sex?

Post by Rommeltje »

A while back, I asked for advice on which leather gloves to possibly get my girlfriend with my birthday money. Spoiler alert: I didn't end up buying gloves. When H&M presented their fall/winter collection, it turned out they were selling a couple of really great (and affordable) pairs of boots, and I just couldn't pass up that opportunity. So I got two pairs (and they are truly fantastic).

I still had some birthday money left, but I've been too busy with moving to a new city these past couple of months to really take the time to look for leather gloves to spend it on. I've now found a pair that I want to buy, but before I do, there's a couple of things I'm wondering about leather gloves and using them for sex (which is what their main purpose will be).

1. Is leather really a good material for handjobs?

I bought a pair of (cheap) leather winter gloves for myself a few weeks ago. Purely for keeping my hands warm, but it won't surprise any of you that the first thing I did when I got them home was to try and jerk off with them. :-v The leather stuck to my skin a little bit, though, so it wasn't the great feeling I was hoping for. Perhaps it would feel better if I lubed them up a little, which brings me to my second question:

2. Is lube bad for leather? Can I just lube them up, get a handjob, clean them up, and that's fine?

Curious to hear our leather glove fetishists' perspectives on this!
sims
WWGFA donor

Re: Leather gloves for sex?

Post by sims »

It depends on the quality of the leather..... faux leather definitely is not good. High-quality leather won't get stick - they are silky smooth. I love the feeling of leather glove handjobs - you can feel the quality of the smooth leather touch in the most intimate manner....

Never use lube on leather - it will ruin the gloves. You wouldnt want to use the gloves just once, would you?? ;)
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

sims wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:59 pmNever use lube on leather - it will ruin the gloves.
Yeah, I figured. That's why I was surprised by how my winter gloves felt. Those were supposed to be real leather as well, but I'm not sure how truthful that is.

How about these gloves?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08H14KFSQ?th=1
Do you think they will feel good?
sims
WWGFA donor

Post by sims »

No I have not tried these before, but 2 general observations:
1. Best gloves are unlined - you can feel the tightness and grip of her hands. Silk lined is next best becoz the lining is thin; polyester lined is worse as the gloves will feel bulky.

2. touch-screen gloves have a different feel/texture - i suspect there was a coating on the leather..... Try the italian or paris gloves shops (look for unlined gloves if possible). leatherglovesonline.com is ok too.
EyesLikeLenses
Regular poster

Post by EyesLikeLenses »

Rommeltje wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:17 am

1. Is leather really a good material for handjobs?

2. Is lube bad for leather? Can I just lube them up, get a handjob, clean them up, and that's fine?

Curious to hear our leather glove fetishists' perspectives on this!
I never wear gloves to masturbate, but I can tell you that a gloved handjob from your girlfriend is always going to be an entirely different experience than masturbating yourself with gloves on. It's like night and day. Now, whether or not leather is a good material for a handjob really depends on whether or not you are sexually aroused by women wearing leather gloves. I will say that cheaper made leather gloves don't feel as good as higher quality leather gloves, but if leather gloves don't turn you on much, then the quality won't make the experience any more exciting for you.

To answer your second question, lube is not good for leather gloves, especially Vaseline which tends to rot leather.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

sims wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:07 amtouch-screen gloves have a different feel/texture - i suspect there was a coating on the leather.....
Ah, yes, that explains it. The winter gloves were indeed touch-screen as well.
sims wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:07 amTry the italian or paris gloves shops (look for unlined gloves if possible). leatherglovesonline.com is ok too.
Oh, nice! That URL seems to be an alias for the store I was going to go for originally. And the gloves I had picked out are indeed unlined:
https://www.fratelli-orsini.eu/collecti ... -12-button

Good to see an endorsement. Unfortunately, these gloves are now out of stock in the right size, but I'll keep an eye on the site.

Thanks!
EyesLikeLenses wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:23 am if leather gloves don't turn you on much, then the quality won't make the experience any more exciting for you.
Well, obviously the sight turns me on. ;) But if it then feels unpleasant to have them on my skin, it's not going to work. Same with household gloves with a rough gripping pattern. They may look super arousing, but they're not going to feel good jerking me off. It doesn't matter much if I'm doing it myself or I'm getting a handjob.

I do agree that glovejobs feel very different from doing it yourself, though. I find the same with household gloves. But it still matters how easily the material can slide over your skin.
EyesLikeLenses wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:23 amTo answer your second question, lube is not good for leather gloves, especially Vaseline which tends to rot leather.
Interesting! Same with household gloves. It rots latex as well.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

what they said..lube is just for latex,nothing else.
leather gloves handjob,never had that,doubt i will have...but i imagin it will rock with quality ones,not cheap\pu crap..

happy holidays to u and ur gf,and many more gloved moments ;)
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

I've been wondering that, actually: are handjobs/masturbation less of a thing for leather glove fetishists? :hmm:

Since they're usually quite expensive and can't be cleaned as easily, perhaps it's more about the aesthetics than about the feeling, compared to how it is for rubber and latex lovers.
sims
WWGFA donor

Post by sims »

Rommeltje wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:04 pm I've been wondering that, actually: are handjobs/masturbation less of a thing for leather glove fetishists? :hmm:

Since they're usually quite expensive and can't be cleaned as easily, perhaps it's more about the aesthetics than about the feeling, compared to how it is for rubber and latex lovers.
Good question!

Masturbation is probably easier - I know how to keep the gloves clean and avoid the pre-cum and the cum. It is much harder to tell your partner to do so in the middle of a handjob though.....

I love both feel, smell and the look of tight, high quality leather gloves. Even during sex, it's very arousing to see her wearing gloves and touch/caress my body...
EyesLikeLenses
Regular poster

Post by EyesLikeLenses »

Rommeltje wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:04 pm I've been wondering that, actually: are handjobs/masturbation less of a thing for leather glove fetishists? :hmm:

Good question. Judging by what I've heard online, I don't think that leather fetishists are less likely to masturbate with leather gloves than those who prefer other types of gloves. However, for me personally, masturbating with any kind of gloves doesn't really improve the experience and I'm not too wild about cleaning the gunk off. On the other hand, a mess isn't going to phase me if I'm getting a leather GHJ from an attractive woman.

Fratelli Orsini makes very good gloves which are manufactured in Italy. A few years ago when I was still married, I purchased several pairs for my then-wife. The quality, look and fit of the gloves were fantastic. Both the silk-lined and unlined women's gloves in any length fit her hands perfectly.

Although I don't care to masturbate while wearing leather gloves, I do enjoy wearing them and often feel aroused when I have them on. I find that the look, feel and smell of leather gloves is just loaded with sex appeal and there is nothing quite like being touched by someone wearing them. Keep in mind that, although I love leather, I'm also attracted to other types of gloves and I love boots as well. A woman wearing a pair of leather gloves and boots out in public will display an air of power and confidence that is hard to ignore.

Return to “Glove talk forum”