A Facebook page

Got any ideas on how to improve the board? Let us know here!

Moderator: Jake

sexyglove
Occasional poster

A Facebook page

Post by sexyglove »

Lots of people use Facebook for a way to connect how about we do to?
:hmm:
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: A Facebook page

Post by Rommeltje »

Someone can start one in our name, but with the forum and Tumblr, I simply don't need even more work. :)

I do have this Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/gloved.wwgfa, but I'm not really doing anything with that.
sexyglove
Occasional poster

Post by sexyglove »

Thank you I did not know of that before and I sent a friend request.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Oh, well, let me log back in then. :) I usually only do that about once a month, tops.
sexyglove
Occasional poster

Post by sexyglove »

Thank you so very much I to do not use Facebook often I just thought it might be a good idea to get the word out that we are here. I had no idea you had one up already.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Yeah, that's exactly what it's meant for. :) Just to lead more people here. (Although I could've used a better name for that, but I already had this one.)
katertjekat
VIP

Post by katertjekat »

Don't know if a Facebook group is such an interesting thing. Certainly not if you are not using a fake name on Facebook. Remember that as soon as you 'like' or 'join' the FB group, it will in some way or form always show up in your friends timeline. There's a friend of mine who apparently joined a group on crossdressing and stuff. Ever since, all of his friends are regularly receiving an item on their time line that friend 'such and so' likes said page. I don't think he knows himself, because that's how facebook is: they post all kind of things related to your identity, but you're the last to see it. So, nothing for me.
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

FB also blocks fake ID's w/o friends (I had one last fall).

We have a lot of members already who don't contribute anything; FB is the haven for short attention span consumption, i.e. we will likely get more leechers.

Or even worse, trolls. You still gotta dig a little to find is in the scene, but not a whole lot anymore. I'm also on Twitter btw. -->

We could even get a lot of minor folk on here. They will be too bumbly to Google us probably, but if we're aorund on FaceBook... get suggested... not too much effort required anymore...
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

I think a Twitter presence would be slightly more appropriate, but Facebook seems like it wouldn't get any interest. I don't think Twitter would work either, really, unless our members have strong private accounts, or else don't mind their followers knowing about the website on their "main" account. Personally, I can't be arsed with multiple accounts on social networks.

Our best way of spreading the word is through the less mainstream networks which are more tailored to... our line of work.
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

Jake wrote:I think a Twitter presence would be slightly more appropriate, but Facebook seems like it wouldn't get any interest. I don't think Twitter would work either, really, unless our members have strong private accounts, or else don't mind their followers knowing about the website on their "main" account. Personally, I can't be arsed with multiple accounts on social networks.

Our best way of spreading the word is through the less mainstream networks which are more tailored to... our line of work.
Agreed.

Didn't notice my 'personal link'? :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

Return to “Forum Suggestions”