Sorting threads by...

Got any ideas on how to improve the board? Let us know here!

Moderator: Jake

Toti
WWGFA Orderly

Sorting threads by...

Post by Toti »

Hey guys! :p

As you may noticed, all the threads aboard are sorted by date. That way, very nice videos/pictures could stay at the very bottom of the forum although their good quality if they were posted long time ago. My suggestion is that RP could be seen by all, I mean, that everybody could see how many RP has receive each post and also, you could sort the threads by number of RP been awarded in each of them. Of course it may be also possible to switch between the two ways of sorting threads as you want, kinda the same way it happens at the youtubes search machine, sort by date when you want to see the new ones first, and sort by quality if you want to see first the most reputed threads.

It could be possible to do such a thing? :)
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Sorting threads by...

Post by Rommeltje »

It's a good idea, but I'm afraid that's not really possible. Or at least, it's not within my capabilities. It would require a lot of changes in the code of the forum, and I'm not skilled enough to do that. Plus, there'd be a lot of risk of breaking something else.

If someone else has a lot of skills with phpbb/SQL, perhaps we could try something, but otherwise, I'm afraid we'll have to pass on this suggestion.

Sorry. :-/
Toti
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Toti »

Don't worry it's fine then :lol: ,

I just have notice there are some contents that are systematically repeated, because they're good but newbies can't see it because they're in the bottom. For example this thread was a repost of mine viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10439 But it seems even you didn't notice.

Well, if you know, there're a rumor saying that you're the only user who knows every single post here :D

But indeed it was posted about two years before here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5630&p=16295#p16295

I was looking in the threads where z334 has posted, he use to share content that I also like.

Rommeltje wrote: Plus, there'd be a lot of risk of breaking something else.

I don't wanna break nothing :S

PS: I hope you get well ;)
pinkrubbergloves
WWGFA Orderly

Post by pinkrubbergloves »

Maybe we could manually do it, like have a thread with links to the highest RP and have that thread with a stickey at the top of the categories

Just a thought
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

You sure there isn't a plugin for it? Only needs little bit of tinkering on template, plus extracting of RP from database. Doesn't sound to complex.
Toti
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Toti »

SexySurgical wrote:Doesn't sound to complex. :ugeek:
Fix'd :mrgreen:

I thought you should know something about this :8up: , but I also know you're a bit lazy :p

Don't take any rush, but if you're sure how to do something, and you think it's worth to do it, just... :-)

Anyways thanks you all three, I'm just like to think and contemplate the ifs :lol:
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

If you can find it, by all means, go ahead. Like I said I just don't have the proper skill set for it.
Toti wrote:Well, if you know, there're a rumor saying that you're the only user who knows every single post here :D
I do know. In fact, I think I'm the one who started that rumor. ;)

That thread by z334 is from when I'd just come back from New York. I probably just hadn't caught up enough yet to really register each post I saw. :-)

Hey, have you tried the "gloves over sleeves" tag on Tumblr lately, btw?

Return to “Forum Suggestions”