Issues with the new site design

Got any ideas on how to improve the board? Let us know here!

Moderator: Jake

SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Re: Wwwwwelcome back!

Post by SexySurgical »

YouTube embeds not working now you can circumvent by selecting the text and googling it.

Disregard a string like
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
, it will be removed soon.
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

Add an = to the incompletely reinstated button tag code:

Code: Select all

[youtube][/youtube]
should be

[youtube=v1Dc0d3][/youtube]
As in youtu.be/v1Dc0d3 or youtube.com/watch?v=v1Dc0d3
SexySurgical wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:04 pm YouTube embeds not working now you can circumvent by selecting the text and googling it.
Max

Post by Max »

I´m sure I submitted a post earlier this day....

Is there a way to switch to a 16:9 ratio instead of an 4:3?
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

Forum gave temporary 503 Service Unavaible earlier this afternoon Europe time.
Meaning, resources were overspent somehow.

Is this the time you tried posting earlier today?
Max wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:21 pm I´m sure I submitted a post earlier this day....

Apparently this is a thing: https://www.google.nl/search?q=youtube+ ... f+an+4%3A3

Got a website where you've seen this aspect ratio used for a while (so we can gauge what is at least stable and legit - compatibility still not guaranteed)
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Issues with the new site design

Post by SexySurgical »

Oh weird, embed code looks same, this post after reinstating embed code does work:
Guantesfumar wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:26 am Devilskin - Never See The Light

[youtube=zZs4NZ5BnJg][/youtube]
:whoop:
Ceramic wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:53 pm [...]
edit #2 - if ur working on things,the youtube embeds dont always work (see for example,page 31 of the music vids thread...viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3415&start=300 )
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Max wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:21 pmIs there a way to switch to a 16:9 ratio instead of an 4:3?
What, you mean the forum width? Did it used to be wider? :hmm: I'll see if there's anything I can do about it. I'm afraid not, though.
Ceramic wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:53 pmthis will take some getting used to ;)
Tell me about it. :rolleyes: I warned you guys, though. ;)
Ceramic wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:53 pmedit #1 - browsing is WAY quicker :) dutch host? ;)
Haha, hmm, I don't know actually. :) I doubt it, what with its name being Amerinoc.
Ceramic wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:53 pmedit #2 - if ur working on things,the youtube embeds dont always work (see for example,page 31 of the music vids thread...viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3415&start=300 )
Yeah, embedding somehow got completely fucked up in this version of phpbb. I think there's a workaround to make it right again, but it's rather complicated. I've simplified the code now, so that it at least works, but they're not responsive anymore, which is annoying.

*Edit: Wait, they still don't work. They only work upon previewing a post. Weird.
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

I'm guessing the aspect ratio refers to youtube embeds as seen in my Google Search link below?
SexySurgical wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:09 pm [...]
Is this the time you tried posting earlier today?
Max wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:21 pm [...]
Apparently this is a thing: https://www.google.nl/search?q=youtube+ ... f+an+4%3A3

Got a website where you've seen this aspect ratio used for a while (so we can gauge what is at least stable and legit - compatibility still not guaranteed)
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

No, it's true. The forum is much narrower than it used to be. I think that can be fixed though.

As for the YouTube embedding issue: it works again for any new posts, but all embeds from before are broken, and can only be fixed by re-parsing every old topic on the forum. I'm going to try and find a way to do that automatically.

Important: the way to embed Youtubes has changed

Now you just paste the entire link between the two tags:

[youtube][/youtube]

Just paste your link, select it, and click on the "youtube" button at the top right.
Last edited by SexySurgical on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: bare links are embedded w/o any tags
Rubrglvlvr
WWGFA donor

Wwwwwelcome back!

Post by Rubrglvlvr »

Rommeltje wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:58 am Most obviously is of course the new forum style. Unfortunately, our trusty old style turned out to be incompatible with this version of the forum software (or so they say, I'll try and see what happens if I install it anyway). So I had to find a new one, and the choices weren't great.
I don't like that I can't just scan the forum index to see when certain sections were posted in last in the sandbox area when I'm on the mobile version. It was nice to be able to do that when I wanted to do a quick check without logging in on my phone. Now even if I do log in I still have to go into each section on the phone. The PC version is fine though to do that. Hopefully a better theme comes along soon. It's nice to have a fresh platform though.
I love rubber gloves!
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

I am seeing Sandbox w/ times on my tablet while logged out?
Rubrglvlvr wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:33 pm
Rommeltje wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:58 am Most obviously is of course the new forum style. Unfortunately, our trusty old style turned out to be incompatible with this version of the forum software (or so they say, I'll try and see what happens if I install it anyway). So I had to find a new one, and the choices weren't great.
I don't like that I can't just scan the forum index to see when certain sections were posted in last in the sandbox area when I'm on the mobile version. It was nice to be able to do that when I wanted to do a quick check without logging in on my phone. Now even if I do log in I still have to go into each section on the phone. The PC version is fine though to do that. Hopefully a better theme comes along soon. It's nice to have a fresh platform though.

Return to “Forum Suggestions”