Issues with the new site design

Got any ideas on how to improve the board? Let us know here!

Moderator: Jake

Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Issues with the new site design

Post by Rommeltje »

Yeah, I see what you mean. The columns on the right disappear when the forum gets narrower. That's because this design is responsive. Our previous one wasn't, it didn't have a mobile version.

I don't think that's something I can fix easily. What you can do, though, is go to the options menu on your mobile browser when you're on this site and choose to see the desktop version. That should make it look like it used to.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Alright, the previously embedded Youtubes should slowly start to work again. Once they all do, I think we're going to have to start embedding differently, since the YT-button above the message window doesn't include the "=" anymore. Instead of teaching everybody to add that themselves, I think we should just make the method easier.
Rubrglvlvr
WWGFA donor

Re: Wwwwwelcome back!

Post by Rubrglvlvr »

SexySurgical wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:32 pm I am seeing Sandbox w/ times on my tablet while logged out?
Rubrglvlvr wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:33 pm
Rommeltje wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:58 am Most obviously is of course the new forum style. Unfortunately, our trusty old style turned out to be incompatible with this version of the forum software (or so they say, I'll try and see what happens if I install it anyway). So I had to find a new one, and the choices weren't great.
I don't like that I can't just scan the forum index to see when certain sections were posted in last in the sandbox area when I'm on the mobile version. It was nice to be able to do that when I wanted to do a quick check without logging in on my phone. Now even if I do log in I still have to go into each section on the phone. The PC version is fine though to do that. Hopefully a better theme comes along soon. It's nice to have a fresh platform though.
Might be that the tablet shows the PC version.
I love rubber gloves!
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Alright, fixed:
  • Old Youtube embeds
  • Forum width (can now also be set by the user)
  • Implemented new "thank you"-system (still needs to be tested*)
  • Removed the "onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"-things added to links
  • Made links open in new tab (can be disabled by user)
  • Tweets and other social media now get embedded automatically
  • Some small cosmetic things
Still to do:
  • Determine the new way to embed Youtubes
  • Find better "Unread posts" icons
  • Erm...anything else? :scratch:
*I'm not quite sure how the new thanks/like-system works yet, so everyone get to liking (the little thumb icon in the top right corner of each post), so I can start analyzing.

Once everything is finalized, I'll make a new global topic explaining all the new features.
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

Kind of odd all posts I see are now 50% liked even though there's no thumbs down. Saw 100% before.
Rommeltje wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:42 am
*I'm not quite sure how the new thanks/like-system works yet, so everyone get to liking (the little thumb icon in the top right corner of each post), so I can start analyzing.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Yeah, exactly. That's what I'm trying to figure out. There was also a topic where I like a post, and then the entire thread got a rating of 16.29%.

I think the star ratings are optional, though, so I may just remove them altogether. It's just that I'd like to understand how they work before I do that.

*Edit: Yeah, no, I'm removing it. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and even if it did, it doesn't add anything valuable to the forum.
wmowrg
MIA

Post by wmowrg »

Here's an interesting one ...

I'm using Google Chrome (Incognito) to browse the site and opening each topic in a new tab ... on the tab header there is the title of the page but immediately preceding it is a number in brackets which seems to vary with each different topic ... For example this page reads " (13) Issues with ... " in the tab at the top of the page ...

Other pages have read (16), (14) and (18) so far this morning ...

Any ideas ... ???
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

Number of notifications: threads you participated in plus private messages.
The orange-ish color makes it rather camo'ed, but substract #Not from #PM and you know how many threads might require checking back. :ugeek:
wmowrg wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:32 am Here's an interesting one ...

I'm using Google Chrome (Incognito) to browse the site and opening each topic in a new tab ... on the tab header there is the title of the page but immediately preceding it is a number in brackets which seems to vary with each different topic ... For example this page reads " (13) Issues with ... " in the tab at the top of the page ...

Other pages have read (16), (14) and (18) so far this morning ...

Any ideas ... ???
BTW where are post icons for this subboard? They're still present in Sandbox & General Links?
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Yep, it's the notification counter. If you want fewer of them, you can click on Notifications and then on Settings to determine which items you'll get notified about.
SexySurgical wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:57 pmBTW where are post icons for this subboard? They're still present in Sandbox & General Links?
Which ones are you missing? I'm seeing icons for every board.

I am going to try and see if I can get more different icons, because they're all the same now. Even sticky topics don't get a distinguishable icon.
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options
Rommeltje wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:57 pm Yep, it's the notification counter. If you want fewer of them, you can click on Notifications and then on Settings to determine which items you'll get notified about.
SexySurgical wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:57 pmBTW where are post icons for this subboard? They're still present in Sandbox & General Links?
Which ones are you missing? I'm seeing icons for every board.

I am going to try and see if I can get more different icons, because they're all the same now. Even sticky topics don't get a distinguishable icon.
I mean in the reply text field, on top:
POST A REPLY

Subject:

Return to “Forum Suggestions”