Spontex Bathroom Gloves [same as MAPA Spécial WC & Salle de bains]

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Rubber_Househusband
Occasional poster

Spontex Bathroom Gloves [same as MAPA Spécial WC & Salle de bains]

Post by Rubber_Househusband »

They've finally arrived and as promised here's my review/Encyglovepedia entry for Spontex's new Bathroom Gloves!

Now initially the first impression was good, nice bright orange colour, great looking length, however even without opening the packet I could see that while these gloves look like the Korean style that inspired them they lack the same manufacturing quality of their Korean counterparts.

So with some nervousness I opened the packet, the rubber texture is different smoother then usual but slightly more rigid too and is not as thick as I was expecting, they almost feel kinda like chlorinated gloves, the smell isn't very strong and lacks the usual rubberiness. Putting them on left me a little more disappointed, despite been a medium these gloves are much larger then say the Marigold Bathroom medium which I'm used too. However after donning them and wearing them for a bit I started to like them more, the look of them with that length which almost comes up to my elbow and the colour, that lovely bright orange which is a rare colour to find and the reduced amount of flock lining inside certainly make up for some the shortfalls.

Summary:
Make: Spontex
Color: Orange :up:
Size: Medium (Closer to a Large)
Length: Extra Long
Lining: Minimal Flock

In short then, while these gloves are very Korean in style that's where the similarities end, although I don't feel marigold have anything to worry about from these rival gloves, they still are a nice addition to anyone's collection. As for practicality the longer cuff provides better splash protection and the grip on the palm is a lot better then the all over texture of the Marigold Bathroom too. Reluctantly I'll have to say that despite my hopes for these gloves, due to that fact that they feel larger then a medium and aren't available in another size I'll be switching back to the Marigolds.

And now for the Gloving shots enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Spontex Bathroom Gloves

Post by Rommeltje »

Thanks for the review!

If I may ask, how tall are you? The length of these cuffs looks quite perfect, as they come nearly all the way up to your elbow. But that may just be because you have shorter arms than me. :) It wouldn't be the first time that I've put on gloves that I thought were elbow length but are actually much shorter, because I'd only seen them worn by some (hot) lady who turned out to be a mere 5 ft in height. :p
Rubber_Househusband
Occasional poster

Post by Rubber_Househusband »

I'm pleased to say I'm a slender 6ft1in but I know what you mean when gloves look longer on others but seem short when I wear them.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

O, really? I'm 6'2, so I suppose those would actually be elbow length for me too. Good to know! :D
tigga76

Post by tigga76 »

Sorry, I have not seen your review and did a second one under a new Topic: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=23035

Return to “Encyglovepedia”