Marigold Gloves for Sensitive Skin (previously Futura)

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Marigold Gloves for Sensitive Skin (previously Futura)

Post by Jake »

I'm gonna be lazy and copy and paste the intro to this thread from the other one I just made:

I've waited a fairly long time to get my hands on, and indeed in, these gloves. These gloves have been notoriously difficult to find in my size (small) at a reasonable price, and no supermarkets in London do them in a small. Believe me, I've searched them all. I got a lucky catch from an eBay seller and was tempted enough to get them.

Understandably, these gloves, once branded "Marigold Futura" are not made from latex, so they don't push all my buttons in the way of attractive feel, nor are they as comfortable as the yellow Marigold kitchen gloves. However, they do have a longer cuff, which was a nice surprise when I opened the package, as I didn't previously know that!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Marigold Gloves for Sensitive Skin (previously Futura)

Post by Rommeltje »

They do look nice! :w00t: If they were made of rubber or latex, these would make a very high entry into my wish list.
Jake wrote:once branded "Marigold Futura"
Are they sold under a different name now? Or are they out of production? If it's the former, do regular stores carry larger sizes?
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Re: Marigold Gloves for Sensitive Skin (previously Futura)

Post by Jake »

I found them in ASDA in medium, but I've not seen them anywhere else except online. In medium and possibly large they should be quite simple to find online. They're now branded as per the title of the thread (a few years ago they changed the packaging so all of them matched), but they still say "Futura" on the gloves themselves.
tigga76

Re: Marigold Gloves for Sensitive Skin

Post by tigga76 »

Difficult to buy in Germany and Brexit has not made it easier or cheaper to buy them online.

Marigold household gloves made of nitrile. They have a longer cuff than normal household gloves (total length approx. 35cm). The comparison picture shows Marigold Sensitive (inside), Marigold Bathroom (center) and Marigold Lightweight Red (outside).

In contrast to Bathroom and Lightweight Red, the Sensitive Gloves have a diamond grip profile.

The size "medium" is given as 7.5, which is correct from my point of view, I would classify the glove size as 7.5 (-8).

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
tigga76

Marigold Gloves for Sensitive Skin

Post by tigga76 »

After having been used several times to wash dishes, here is a testimonial for the Marigold Sensitive household gloves:

Pros:
  • Slightly longer than normal household gloves
  • Pleasant material thickness
Cons:
  • The profile / surface is not comparable with the anti-slip surface of Marigold Red Lightweight (G01R) or Marigold Bathroom. Dishes slip out of your hand more easily.
  • The gloves are made of nitrile. According to the material properties, it is not as flexible as latex / rubber, I have the impression that the gloves feel a bit smaller or are smaller than the latex gloves. For me, Marigold Sensitive Medium has a bit of tension between my thumb and forefinger. The latex products Red Lightweight and Bathroom are a perfect match.
All in all, a good pair of kitchen gloves if you're looking for a nitrile glove. Unfortunately not available in Germany and importing from the UK is very expensive.

Return to “Encyglovepedia”