Soft Touch Velvet Lined Latex Gloves (Vintage)

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Rubrglvlvr
WWGFA donor

Soft Touch Velvet Lined Latex Gloves (Vintage)

Post by Rubrglvlvr »

I got these gloves off of ebay late last week, showed up today. I'm not sure how old they are, but I don't think they are too old. The price tags on them are from a store called Bradlees, which has been out of business since the late 90s. One tag says 89 cents, the other says 67 cents. I'm guessing 1970s or maybe 1980s vintage. They are a size small, but fit more like a medium for me, which is really nice. Pale yellow in color, about 13 inches long. The packaging and the cuff of the gloves state "Made In France" with an uppercase P logo on the cuff as well. They have an interesting overlapping circle grip pattern, which is not overly rough at all, and the rubber is fairly soft and pliable for its age, but it does tear easier than I'd like, which is evident by the missing chunk in the left glove cuff. I pulled just a bit too hard when donning them >:(( >:(( . Luckily the rip did not result in a total loss of the glove, but more than likely I'll stash these gloves away and won't use them very often at all. I have to try on any vintage gloves I get, unless they are too fragile and stay in the package. They have a lovely, sweet old rubber smell which is really nice. These would have been a really decent rubber glove back in their day.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
I love rubber gloves!

Return to “Encyglovepedia”