Mamison

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

tigga76

Mamison

Post by tigga76 »

Even though the glove comes from Asia, the size designation medium is essentially the same as in Europe. I would classify medium as 7.5 or slightly larger (for Germany: rather Vileda medium than Spontex medium). Only the length of the fingers seems to me a touch shorter than in this country, so who has long fingers, should be careful if necessary.
The glove is about 35cm long from the edge of the cuff to the longest fingertip and therefore about 5cm longer than usual household gloves, in principle comparable with Marigold Lightweight (G01R) and Marigold Classic (G359R), see comparison photo Mamison and Marigold Glassic (G359R).
What sets him apart from most competitors is that he has no coating or flocking inside, he is a pure natural latex gloves that has a smooth finish on the inside.
The cuff is not like most gloves open but closes tight, but not unpleasant or constricting. Therefore, she slips when working hardly down.
With these properties, it is a very good kitchen or dishwashing glove. The handle profile is comparable to most of the competitors, here in my view Marigold has the nose in front, whose profile is simply much grip-safe with wet dishes. I do not have this anti-slip effect with the Mamison glove.
Whether Marigold or Mamison for me just a question of price, both excellent gloves, each with small advantages and disadvantages.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by tigga76 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
tigga76

Re: Mamison

Post by tigga76 »

tigga76 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:48 am Even though the glove comes from Asia, the size designation medium is essentially the same as in Europe. I would classify medium as 7.5 or slightly larger (for Germany: rather Vileda medium than Spontex medium). Only the length of the fingers seems to me a touch shorter than in this country, so who has long fingers, should be careful if necessary.
The glove is about 35cm long from the edge of the cuff to the longest fingertip and therefore about 5cm longer than usual household gloves, in principle comparable with Marigold Lightweight (G01R) and Marigold Classic (G359R), see comparison photo Mamison and Marigold Glassic (G359R).
What sets him apart from most competitors is that he has no coating or flocking inside, he is a pure natural latex gloves that has a smooth finish on the inside.
The cuff is not like most gloves open but closes tight, but not unpleasant or constricting. Therefore, she slips when working hardly down.
With these properties, it is a very good kitchen or dishwashing glove. The handle profile is comparable to most of the competitors, here in my view Marigold has the nose in front, whose profile is simply much grip-safe with wet dishes. I do not have this anti-slip effect with the Mamison glove.
Whether Marigold or Mamison for me just a question of price, both excellent gloves, each with small advantages and disadvantages.

After three months of use, washing at least daily, a brief interim conclusion:

+ The grip profile is strong and ensures a secure hold of wet dishes. Much better than initially thought.
+ The cuff lies close to the arm and therefore does not slide down when washing dishes
+ The gloves have not taken on an unpleasant smell during this time
- Over time, the gloves have lost their fit. They kept growing. Unfortunately, sensitive gloves are no longer possible for me to work with.

It was a good experience to try them out, but I think I'll switch back to Marigold Lightweight G01R.
tigga76

Good alternative to Mamison gloves

Post by tigga76 »

According to the packaging, these gloves are also made for the Korean market.
In contrast to the Mamison gloves, these are not pink but red and have a length of 40cm / 15 inches.

The household gloves are also unlined and have a diamond grip profile. The cuff also fits snugly on the arm. The size M corresponds to approx. 7.5. The price on Amazon is well below the Mamison gloves.

Amazon (Germany)
supernova
WWGFA donor

Re: Mamison

Post by supernova »

I purchased some of those a while back and they seem fairly decent quality. While looking at longer style dish washing gloves i also came accross these which are advertised as fishtank gloves of some type, but they are full arm length dish washing style gloves and the fit around the hands for medium size is pretty spot on for me. (if you purchase them you should wash them inside and out first, they have some sort of powder which can be eye irritating that i unfortunatley found out about too late.)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q1 ... UTF8&psc=1

Return to “Encyglovepedia”