*VINTAGE* U.S. Royal Non-Slip Latex Household Gloves *VINTAGE*

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Rubrglvlvr
WWGFA donor

*VINTAGE* U.S. Royal Non-Slip Latex Household Gloves *VINTAGE*

Post by Rubrglvlvr »

I snagged these on ebay last week, they arrived yesterday. Probably the oldest pair of household gloves I've ever had. I estimate 1940s or 1950s vintage. They have an "abrasive" texture on the palm and fingers and are unlined. Size medium. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to try them on with out damaging them in their current condition. They are stuck together at the cuffs and have some mold on them. I think I might try to soak them in BeGloss latex wash and see if that rejuvenates them. They may just end up being tucked away in a dark, cool spot to preserve them. A neat piece of rubber glove history either way.

Image Image Image Image Image Image
I love rubber gloves!
Rubrglvlvr
WWGFA donor

UPDATE: *VINTAGE* U.S. Royal Non-Slip Latex Household Gloves *VINTAGE*

Post by Rubrglvlvr »

I soaked these gloves in warm water and BeGloss latex wash the other night. I was able to separate them and have just now powdered them with cornstarch baby powder. I won't be trying them on as there is a hole in the cuff of one and in the fingertip of the other. The rubber is soft and very stretchy. It feels like I could poke through it very easily. They are unlined. I wish they were in better shape so that I could take them for a test drive.

Image Image Image
I love rubber gloves!
meistrllapgoch
Regular poster

Re: *VINTAGE* U.S. Royal Non-Slip Latex Household Gloves *VINTAGE*

Post by meistrllapgoch »

Great post, thank you for sharing.
Imagine who would have been buying and wearing these at that time?
Imagine seeing rubber gloves for the first time when they became a mass market product. I bet there must have been some early fetishists.

Return to “Encyglovepedia”