New Bizzybee water stop gloves.

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

lexndave
Newcomer

New Bizzybee water stop gloves.

Post by lexndave »

Hi all.

Today, our latest purchase arrived: Bizzybee water stop gloves! Just wondering if anyone else has bought them?

Lex and Dave
Rubrglvlvr
WWGFA donor

Re: New Bizzybee water stop gloves.

Post by Rubrglvlvr »

I have not seen those before. Could you post a few pictures of them so that we can see what they look like? Thanks.
I love rubber gloves!
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Oh, they've expanded their range of types of gloves? Awesome! Would love to see a picture too. :)
gloveloverus
VIP

Post by gloveloverus »

Rubrglvlvr
WWGFA donor

Post by Rubrglvlvr »

I want to see the actual gloves, not just the packaging.
I love rubber gloves!
lexndave
Newcomer

Post by lexndave »

Apologies everyone. Not familiar how to upload photos.

They're not as nice as the old Casabella gloves; with no defined crease at the cuff where they should fold back. They're unchlorinated, so an all round disappointment on the whole. The rubber is quite "snaggy" as opposed to nice and smooth.

All in all, they feel very much like a failed attempt at filling the gap in the market that Casabella left in our opinion. The "Lavendar infused scent" is a bit gimmicky and smells more like washing powder with a vague hint of Lavendar.

The colour is nice, though :-)
meistrllapgoch
Regular poster

Post by meistrllapgoch »

Thanks for the review lexndave. Might give them a miss.
I loved the early BizzyBee gloves, they seem to have gone off the boil..
Rubrglvlvr
WWGFA donor

Post by Rubrglvlvr »

lexndave wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:42 pm Apologies everyone. Not familiar how to upload photos.

They're not as nice as the old Casabella gloves; with no defined crease at the cuff where they should fold back. They're unchlorinated, so an all round disappointment on the whole. The rubber is quite "snaggy" as opposed to nice and smooth.

All in all, they feel very much like a failed attempt at filling the gap in the market that Casabella left in our opinion. The "Lavendar infused scent" is a bit gimmicky and smells more like washing powder with a vague hint of Lavendar.

The colour is nice, though :-)
Thanks for the description. You can't upload photos directly to this server. You can, however, use imagebam.com to upload them, and then embed them in your post here with the url addresses they give you.
I love rubber gloves!
Jimglove
Regular poster

Post by Jimglove »

These look really interesting - I quite like the fact that they are not flared, just long. Might have to pick some up. Not sure about the scent - has it faded at all lexndave? Personally much prefer the smell of rubber!
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

Late to the party on this one, but I'll still give my, ahem... professional opinion.

Shite!

Yes, unfortunately, Bizzybee went from being a great little company to being bought out by a larger company (Brosch Direct) and I don't think Eric (head honcho) has any real input in product quality any more - if he even has a stake in the business now! Their original household gloves have gone from being thick, reinforced, raised grip, and well-fitting to cheap, flimsy, and lightweight.

The water-stop gloves are sadly no good in my opinion. Imagine Playtex Living gloves with the drip-catch cuff, then imagine they've been used non-stop for six months. That's what they're like. They're just no good. And the weird lavender scent they put in them is absolutely awful, and it NEVER goes away. I tried everything I could to remove it but there was no luck. Such a shame, because it's so difficult to find purple household gloves anywhere any more. Bizzybee used to do their classic gloves in yellow and purple, and they were the best thing ever and they're discontinued :(
Jimglove wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:09 pm Not sure about the scent - has it faded at all lexndave? Personally much prefer the smell of rubber!
In a blind scent test, you'd have no idea they were rubber at all, unfortunately.

For those wondering where to get them in the UK: they sell them at The Range. That's about it.

Return to “Encyglovepedia”