Spontex Comfort is not Spontex Comfort (anymore)

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

katertjekat
VIP

Spontex Comfort is not Spontex Comfort (anymore)

Post by katertjekat »

I'm pretty sure you all remember what happened to Casabella and their Greek manufacturer of the Casabella Champion Waterstop gloves. After the manufacturer ceased operations, Casabella searched and found a new one, but the new Waterstop gloves were kind of... meh. The smell was different, less chlorinated, the sizing was all off,... it wasn't the same anymore. After a lot of complaints, they improved the product again, but it's still not quite te same as the old Casabellas that make you drip precum in anticipation :p

Something similar has happened to the Spontex Comfort gloves lately. As I absolutely love it when my wife wears those (in size L, yes I know, I want them a bit oversized to see/feel/hear the rubber wrinkle and squeek, and see the cuffs flap around her slender wrist :tongue: ), I want to be sure we never run out of them. So I ordered a few new pairs through Amazon.
In the heat of the game, I immediately felt something was, erm, 'different', and upon closer look, they *did* change the design.
On all 4 pictures you can see the original Spontex Comfort on the left, and the 'new' (but not improved) design on the right. It's subtle, but it's again a regression nevertheless...

Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Spontex Comfort is not Spontex Comfort (anymore)

Post by Rommeltje »

Aww, it's shorter. :(
katertjekat
VIP

Post by katertjekat »

Rommeltje wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:03 pm Aww, it's shorter. :(
Yes, and it's unbelievable how half a cm can make a lot of difference when worn.
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

Interesting. I think they've only ever sold the newer ones on the right in the UK. They only launched 2-3 years ago here, and only ever in the packaging on the right. I am confident they were the shorter length and more blue than green too (in my eyes, left is green; right is blue - some may disagree!).

What makes matters worse is that they took feedback from consumers almost immediately and discontinued their "M" size (6-7) within a year to replace it with an "M-L" which has made them gigantic. Meanwhile, almost 10 years on, they still haven't changed the packaging on their Tough gloves branding to reflect the size, or release a smaller size in the UK for those like me with smaller hands :( I have to travel to France when I want smaller ones :')
katertjekat
VIP

Post by katertjekat »

Yes, correct, the new 'unimproved' ones are rather blue, the original ones green.
Jimglove
Regular poster

Post by Jimglove »

Speaking as a UK user of Spontex gloves, it's frustrating how they only now sell one size - could be dictated by the supermarkets only wanting to stock a limited number of lines, but can't they sell more on their website? The M-L fits me where the M didn't, but the M was better for my wife. The problem with these gloves (other than the artificial scent - give me rubber smell any day!) is that the lining wears away really quickly which makes them hard to don/remove. I think that's why people complained about the size. Spontex could do with looking at their flock application to make it stick a bit better! I don't like too much flock, but this is not enough. Other than that, I really like them.

Return to “Encyglovepedia”