Boss Ladyfinger Silver Lined, Comfort Lined, Luxury Lined rubber gloves **Vintage**

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Rubrglvlvr
WWGFA donor

Boss Ladyfinger Silver Lined, Comfort Lined, Luxury Lined rubber gloves **Vintage**

Post by Rubrglvlvr »

Another recent ebay pick. Boss Ladyfinger rubber gloves. Circa 1960s.

Starting off, the pink silver lined gloves. Size medium. Made in New Zealand. Two very different grip patterns. One pair has a standard diamond imprint grip, the other has a much rougher looking texture. Aside from the grippers, the rubber is quite smooth and supple. These are silver lined, basically unlined inside. They fit slightly loose on me, but not bad. Average thickness, but they seem well made for the era.

Next, the yellow comfort lined gloves. Size small. Mad in Australia. These have a rough, pebbled texture on the entire glove. Cotton flock lined. They are a tight fit for me. Maybe slightly thicker than the silver lined. Again, well made for the era.

Finally, the blue luxury lined gloves. Size medium. Made in Australia. Same rough, pebbled texture on the entire glove, like the comfort lined. Cotton flock lined. Similar slightly loose fit like the silver lined. Thicker than the silver lined and comfort lined. Again, well made for the era.

Interesting selection from a previously unknown brand.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
I love rubber gloves!
tuok
Occasional poster

Re: Boss Ladyfinger Silver Lined, Comfort Lined, Luxury Lined rubber gloves **Vintage**

Post by tuok »

Nice finds, thanks for sharing!
MistressAriadne
Glovely Diva

Re: Boss Ladyfinger Silver Lined, Comfort Lined, Luxury Lined rubber gloves **Vintage**

Post by MistressAriadne »

They look pretty cool - thanks for posting the photos!
majkic
Regular poster

Post by majkic »

Great find, always nice to see some gloves "of auld lang syne"! The yellow and blue ones are almost certainly made by Ansell (who were the major supplier in Australia in the sixties), pity there wasn't an unlined (cream-coloured) Ansell sample (these are my favorite gloves of all time!)

Return to “Encyglovepedia”