Unlined Chinese Yellow Household Gloves

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

OrangeBlade

Unlined Chinese Yellow Household Gloves

Post by OrangeBlade »

When I was in China, 4 years ago (it was a work trip into a factory) I saw <3 these masterpieces. Since then, I regularly order a full pack of them (and other variants). They are unbelievably comfortable yet heavy duty. I can recommend it for try wholeheartedly. Wearing them is pure joy. :-P :twisted: :luv: I've already managed to give some new pairs for a "try" to a near fast restaurant.

https://www.ebuy7.com/item/537344687253

Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Unlined Chinese Yellow Household Gloves

Post by Rommeltje »

They look nice! I think I have those, or perhaps a version of them. I bought mine in a Chinese shop in San Francisco. It could be that mine are shorter, what do you think, looking at the image linked below? :hmm:

They're the ones on the right (obviously).

And here you can see the packaging mine came in:

How long are yours?
meistrllapgoch
Regular poster

Post by meistrllapgoch »

These look wonderful. I also have some similar pairs.
What did you say to the local restaurant and what was their reaction?
Will you go back to them to ask the staff what they thought? Maybe take the old gloves away for inspection?
OrangeBlade

Post by OrangeBlade »

(I previously saw that Asian people really are not ashamed to use heavy rubber gloves whenever they can use. When I was in China I also observed that they use (mainly this kind of) gloves all over the places (like restaurants or food stand, or in the restrooms and they are just left there in plain sight ... )
So I did select last November a Chinese restaurant, I was totally not frequent in.
The whole situation was total cringe although I managed to "trade" with them with the new ones to give me their old used ones(which are the shitty european ones... with sizes my hand do not fit at all in...). The cashier lady and her assistant guy did not understand why I want to trade the gloves, since they spoke mainly Chinese (nothing else) so it was totally weird and very uncomfortable. The lady just laughed but agreed in the swap. I did this a couple minutes before closing, so there was not so much publicity.

But... since then I've got a new job very near to this certain restaurant, and go there for lunch with colleges.... I don't want to be recognized in front of my coworkers... So I am totally glad that they did forget me in these 6 months.

meistrllapgoch wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:36 am These look wonderful. I also have some similar pairs.
What did you say to the local restaurant and what was their reaction?
Will you go back to them to ask the staff what they thought? Maybe take the old gloves away for inspection?
OrangeBlade

Post by OrangeBlade »

They are around 30cm long (XL) and it seems that I have a different shape of pattern.
Rommeltje wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:50 pm How long are yours?

Return to “Encyglovepedia”