Glove Care

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

BuddyB
Regular poster

Re: Glove Care

Post by BuddyB »

katertjekat wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:18 pm I guess with 'hit' you are actually meaning 'heat'.
By all means, rubber and heat are not going well together. Rubber/latex, chlorinated or not, should always be kept in a cool place, out of direct (sun) light as well. Heat and (UV) sun light ruins rubber and latex.
Also never ever use oil based lubes together with rubber/latex gloves, it breaks the rubber.
Ceramic wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:51 pm Latex care question.

could it be that chlorinated long (shoulder) fetish gloves might get in time and under massive hit - not-chlorinated? (weird question i know)

as others know,i stash my gloves collection in a backpack,in my car's trunk (wont put in home lol,afraid for someone to find out :P)

so i was playing around with the collection,and i tried on a pair of shoulder latex gloves which arnt chlorinated.

took a lil time and struggle but iv put them on successfully.

then i moved on to the chlorinated ones,and i had to struggle a bit as well with them to put on :(

could it be that the hit in the car with long time no usage (months) damaged them in a way?

or maybe the chimicals involved chlorinating got fade away somehow ?
Hopefully Ceramic doesn't have this issue anymore since he posted this 9 years ago :lol: .

But, I would like to add one more tip based on the situation. I would also think that by storing the chlorinated gloves in the trunk of a car would expose the gloves to moisture due to the humidity within the trunk. I would recommend using mild dish soap and water to clean the gloves then thoroughly dry them. This should help.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Re: Glove Care

Post by Ceramic »

Woah nice bump 🤣
Yes i meant heat..thanks :)

Return to “Encyglovepedia”