It's becoming a bit of a problem... (household collection)

Show off your glove collection here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

It's becoming a bit of a problem... (household collection)

Post by Jake »

So I've been, er, collecting gloves for years. I've tried to avoid a hoarder mentality of buying shit ones and keeping them anyway, so this collection is actually a fair bit smaller than it used to be. Nevertheless! it is still quite substantial and I hadn't really realised how out of control I'd let my collection get. I usually keep my household gloves in a (bulging) bag, and oftentimes they remain in their packaging so I know which is which. After years of indulgence, I'm now a connoisseur when it comes to brand identification so I don't need the packaging any more; I did a clear-out of all the plastic packaging for pairs already opened and sorted by colour, whereupon I realised the lengths I'd gone to over the years to hold on to certain pairs.

Anyhow, here's the collection. Bear in mind this is just the opened ones. It turns out these 62 pairs (oh dear) weren't enough for me - oh no. I have another 55 pairs still in their packaging (so in total that's 107 pairs, plus five pairs currently on the go in my flat, so 112...). The 55 are all duplicates, often bought in bulk for legitimate use but so many others take priority owing to the sheer number I now own that it'll probably be a decade before they're all done (by which time I'll have more!!!). These are all different brands which I've accrued over time from travelling to different countries. The majority of the pink ones and/or the longer ones are from Asia (namely Singapore/Malaysia) where they seem to have a penchant for pink, and they're also incidentally my practical favourites.

Image (It's on its side and then I lost the link to amend it so sod it, please tilt heads accordingly) -- I've not been too detailed with the photography because the majority are quite similar and it comes down to feel for most of them. They're all size small and/or 6-7. If anyone's keen to see more detail I can always add more pictures.

I guess it's becoming a bit of a problem, but I'm trying to reign in my expenditure as I've realised I've spent far too much money on gloves, even for an enthusiast :lol: And this isn't even including my disposable glove collection, which totals over 3000 gloves 8-O But I did buy a bulk order last January in anticipation that Covid-19 would cause a surge in demand. The gamble paid off, and the gloves I purchased are all either at expiry or have already expired, so I don't feel guilty about contributing to the starvation of supplies to the health sector, and I've got enough to last me over three years. 0:)

So there we have it. Top that :lol:
tronn206
WWGFA donor

Re: It's becoming a bit of a problem... (household collection)

Post by tronn206 »

Wow. Can I chuck the household gloves in a big pile and dive into them? They might get a bit mixed up though. :luv: :lmao:
Twitter- @RubberGloveLove
Instagram - glove_lover206
Fetlife - NitramLatexLover
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

I'm proud of you, Jake! :up: And a bit envious too. ;)

Great variety there! Do you have anything from the US as well? You don't happen to have any Rubbermaids, do you? :-v Either way, I'd love to see the stack of blue gloves a bit more spread out. But if you've already put them all back in the bag again, I'll understand if that's too much hassle. :p
Jake

Post by Jake »

Rommeltje wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:45 pm Great variety there! Do you have anything from the US as well? You don't happen to have any Rubbermaids, do you? :-v Either way, I'd love to see the stack of blue gloves a bit more spread out. But if you've already put them all back in the bag again, I'll understand if that's too much hassle. :p
Nothing from the US other than two pairs of Playtex Living gloves in green, but they're still boxed so not on show!

Here's the blues and the greens:

#5/6/7 in the blues are nitrile/vinyl/nitrile respectively.
#4 in the greens is some kind of vinyl/neoprene blend I think. True flock lining, so very practical but less fun to wear :tongue:
katertjekat
VIP

Post by katertjekat »

My goodness, I would kill for a pair of these blue ones!!
Any chance you're selling/trading these?

Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

katertjekat wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:08 amMy goodness, I would kill for a pair of these blue ones!!
Those do look good! What brand is that?

I also like the look of #1 in the first picture. They look a lot like ones I have, but those have a very thick cotton lining, which makes them a bit useless. Do these have that too?
gloveloverus
VIP

Post by gloveloverus »

Hmm, they look like the old pair I used to have but they were pale green, but now they've re-packaged to name as comfort gloves and different colour:

https://www.spontex.co.uk/product/soft- ... ium-large/

Only one size available and I hate size medium-large as it will be too big!
katertjekat
VIP

Post by katertjekat »

gloveloverus wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:55 am Hmm, they look like the old pair I used to have but they were pale green, but now they've re-packaged to name as comfort gloves and different colour:

https://www.spontex.co.uk/product/soft- ... ium-large/

Only one size available and I hate size medium-large as it will be too big!
Yeah, but these are the green ones, we have plenty of those. But I never saw them in blue, very sexy.
Jake

Post by Jake »

Unfortunately it's a trick of the light; those are the same :P Although they are from the very first batch from the first week of release -- maybe the shade was closer to blue back then? The usual complaints with those gloves were that they were too tight for their size, and my pair is marked "medium" but they're most definitely <7. Now they've changed the packaging, I fear they'll be as loose as the Spontex Tough gloves which are *still* marked as "medium" almost 10 years on, even though they're all embossed with "large" on the gloves themselves, and they've said they're "working on changing it" for so long.
katertjekat
VIP

Post by katertjekat »

Jake wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:40 am The usual complaints with those gloves were that they were too tight for their size, and my pair is marked "medium" but they're most definitely <7.
Yeah, absolutely true. My wife wears the 'large' size ones, and they fit her like her other 'medium' sized gloves.

Return to “Glove collections”