Do you wear gloves at work ?

The home of all the polls on the forum

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Do you wear gloves at work ?

1-Yes, always. My hands and my mind would not survive without them.
18%
2-Sometime, when this is necessary.
32%
3-No never. My work doesn't require the wearing of gloves but i'm dreaming about a circonstance where i would have to wear them or to see some people wearing them.
38%
4-No, i won't because i would fell embarassed !
13%

Total votes: 88

med_glove_love
Regular poster

Re: Do you wear gloves at work ?

Post by med_glove_love »

As a chemist (for those of you across the pond, Dexter's Laboratory kind), I use gloves every day at work. Mostly they're blue nitrile, but sometimes I'll get to use either purple or gray nitrile, and very rarely latex. I don't really have any pictures since I work in a lab with others, but if there's an interest, I may be able to make something happen!
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

med_glove_love wrote: I don't really have any pictures since I work in a lab with others, but if there's an interest, I may be able to make something happen!
I found one!
MyHandsAreHidden
Regular poster

Post by MyHandsAreHidden »

last edited by
Last edited by MyHandsAreHidden on Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
med_glove_love
Regular poster

Post by med_glove_love »

MyHandsAreHidden wrote:
med_glove_love wrote:As a chemist (for those of you across the pond, Dexter's Laboratory kind), I use gloves every day at work. Mostly they're blue nitrile, but sometimes I'll get to use either purple or gray nitrile, and very rarely latex. I don't really have any pictures since I work in a lab with others, but if there's an interest, I may be able to make something happen!
If I may ask, what sort of work do you do? Product development like Dupont or 3M? Or a medical/pharmaceutical research sort of thing? I'm also curious what brand of nitrile glove your lab uses. For the gray I'm imagining Kimberly-Clark Sterling. Purple is also a KC (or whatever they're called now) staple color. Blue is a lot more open since that seems to be the industry favorite for nitrile gloves. I've always been a fanboy of Microflex, ever since I first wore Diamond Grip Plus gloves back in middle school.
I do bioorganic chemistry research with medical/pharmaceutical applications. Mainly, I work on developing the process for manufacturing pharmaceuticals.

The gray are indeed KC sterling and the latex are MicroFlex Diamond Grip. The purple are an off brand from a lab equipment supplier, VWR. But they are very similar to the KC ones, so they may be made by the same manufacturer. Like you said, the blue is much harder to guess. We use some made by BioExcell. They're nothing fancy, but they are effective at what they do.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

girls with gloves at work are always appriciated :D
gungegod
Regular poster

Post by gungegod »

I work in a restaurant part time while im at uni and always love it when the girls are on potwash as they have to wear some lovely long yellow marigolds for it! Not always the girls doing it and I have to do it myself sometimes, but always like to hang back in the kitchens when they are!
Some staff also occasionally wear marigolds for cleaning the tables as well which is a nice treat!
MyHandsAreHidden
Regular poster

last edited by
Last edited by MyHandsAreHidden on Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
med_glove_love
Regular poster

Post by med_glove_love »

MyHandsAreHidden wrote:
med_glove_love wrote:I do bioorganic chemistry research with medical/pharmaceutical applications. Mainly, I work on developing the process for manufacturing pharmaceuticals.
That's pretty sweet. Do you mean the manufacturing of capsules and tablets, or are you concerned with the manufacture of the drugs themselves? (Apologies if I'm too nosy- dad is a pharmaceutical sciences professor)

I work in manufacturing the drugs themselves.
med_glove_love wrote:The gray are indeed KC sterling and the latex are MicroFlex Diamond Grip.
Are the Sterling nice to wear? The extended cuff style is on my shortlist to try if I can find a reliable distributor.
I really like them. They're nice and smooth both inside and out. And to me, they feel super this without being too thin. So I can feel body heat through them and they're like a second skin if they're tight enough! 8)
MyHandsAreHidden
Regular poster

last edited by
Last edited by MyHandsAreHidden on Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
med_glove_love
Regular poster

Post by med_glove_love »

MyHandsAreHidden wrote:
med_glove_love wrote:I really like them. They're nice and smooth both inside and out. And to me, they feel super this without being too thin. So I can feel body heat through them and they're like a second skin if they're tight enough! 8)
They sound fantastic. Any issues with sizes running smaller than expected?
I haven't found any real problems with it, but my hands lie just on the large side of the medium/large line so mediums are always a bit of a struggle regardless of brand and larges are always loose but not baggy.

Return to “Polls”