How do you bring up the glove fetish?

The home of all the polls on the forum

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

How do you bring up the glove fetish to your girlfriend/boyfriend?

I tell her/him right at the start of the relationship
22%
I drop little hints allowing her/him to figure it out
29%
I wait until I'm well in the relationship to bring it up
35%
I only bring it up if they ask me about it
6%
I don't tell her/him
7%
I don't have a glove fetish
1%

Total votes: 167

Someguy
VIP

How do you bring up the glove fetish?

Post by Someguy »

I'd be interested in taking a poll of this. How do (did) you tell your girlfriend/boyfriend about your glove fetish? Be sure to include details and stories about it.

For me it's kind of evolved over the years:
With my first girlfriend back in high school, I waited for months to finally tell her. She was okay with it at first, but as the relationship went on, she began to resent the fetish (I pushed her a little too hard).
Later on, I would bring up the gloves right away in the bedroom. Usually, the reaction was the same, the girl found it strange, but acquiesced to put them on.
These days, I tend to drop subtle hints early on while dating, so that when I finally do tell them about the fetish, it's somewhat expected. It also helps to buy her gloves (girls always love gifts). Something simple, like a pair of long satin gloves, goes a long way. I guess satin gloves are normal enough to be worn to events, but can also be considered sexy. Latex is a different story.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: How do you bring up the glove fetish?

Post by Rommeltje »

Haha! :lol: I wonder how many people are gonna go for that last option. :)

After voting, they'd go: "....wait, what am I doing here?"
Someguy
VIP

Post by Someguy »

Exactly right? Yeah I just put that there as a joke, it's always fun in polls.
aussiegloveboy
Regular poster

Post by aussiegloveboy »

Good topic, but What you said about buying them gifts is always a good thing.. But a pair of households is hardly much of a gift??
Cordea
Regular poster

Post by Cordea »

Something like satin would be best when starting out, just to test the waters, they can be concealed as a gift to go with a dress or something like that when she goes to a formal party. Same can be said for leather gloves and cold weather. Bring in the sexytime from there. If leather/satin aren't your thing they could always just be stepping stones to get her in on your fetish, then you could move to household/latex/whatever you like. If she willingly participates and enjoys it I'm sure she'd see it as a gift when you get her a pair of household gloves etc for your private time.
Someguy
VIP

Post by Someguy »

Yeah I guess it's harder if your fetish is latex gloves, although I have a story that correlates to it.
One of my ex's considered me something of a slob and constantly wanted to clean when she was over at my place (well I'm not one to argue). She asked if I had gloves, which I did, but they didn't fit her. So before she came by the next time, I got her a pair of playtex gloves that fit her hands perfectly. She was very appreciative of that. Soon afterwards, before she started washing and put the gloves on, I'd make out with her and lead her right into the bedroom, where we did... things. I didn't even ask her to keep them on, she just did it.
Good times.
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

I voted for the 3rd option,when actually i was hoping for a mix between the 2nd and 3rd (as in - wait till your well into the relationship,know her well etc,and then start to drop lil hints)

think about it ;)

as in for experience - mine never loved wearing long gloves,only did it for me during sex or some photo-shooting.

as in for latex cleanning gloves\household - i'v got her to "auto-wear" them instantly when i'm around,if she doesnt want i use the same excuse which seems to work magic - "cmon dont get your hands dirty!! (yeah right..)" :P
ltd7201
Regular poster

Post by ltd7201 »

I gave a pair of long white satin gloves to my wife (then fiance) to go with some lingerie she had. As she was trying them on she asked 'so you want me to wear these while we're having sex?' :shock: I manged to stammer out a yes and she like 'oh, okay.' Sooo glad I shared with her! :)
glovedgamer
WWGFA Orderly

Post by glovedgamer »

What I like to do, before I even get into a relationship with someone, when we are discussing something sexual I will try to find out how open they are sexuallly. Trying to find out if they have any fetishes themselves or how they react to other fetishes. When I feel they are accepting enough I will them all about my glove fetish and hope they are into it.

Someguy, I like that idea of offering them for cleaning but then molest them with kisses before they can get any cleaning done. I would be so happy to go into the bedroom in that situation and see the girl keeping the gloves on, but I know most people would take them off through natural process of getting undressed.

I got a good laugh from the last voting option too :D
dio
Occasional poster

Post by dio »

I was brave.

After about five months (we started out in June, so it was hitting winter) she started wearing leather gloves when we went out together. I simply told her that she looked hot in them and thankfully, she took it well. She later admitted to me that she knew many guys liked them, which is why she owns them.

She has bought a pair every year since

Return to “Polls”