Anyone here In America from the country side

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Anyone here In America from the country side

Post by countrylatexglover »

Is anyone on this forum from the country meaning rural areas. Looking for real country people like from the woods, farms or ranch? Interested to know how many of us live out in the middle of nowhere or near nowhere lol!
Shade
Occasional poster

Re: Anyone here In America from the country side

Post by Shade »

Not from America or right in the middle of nowhere. But I am near a small town up here in Canada and currently helping to build a barn.
Ber75
Regular poster

Post by Ber75 »

I grew up in a small rural town in Virginia
Cowboycws08
Regular poster

Post by Cowboycws08 »

I live in a small rural town of 250 in Montana.
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

just curious if you get to wear your gloves around the homestead? i know this it just talk forum but just curious! One of my favorite things to do sometimes also is sit by the fire with my latex/nitrile gloves on and have a few beers! anything i do around the property i always have a pair on under my work gloves!
EyesLikeLenses
Regular poster

Post by EyesLikeLenses »

countrylatexglover wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:39 pm Is anyone on this forum from the country meaning rural areas. Looking for real country people like from the woods, farms or ranch? Interested to know how many of us live out in the middle of nowhere or near nowhere lol!
I currently live in a very rural and isolated area out in the country. My ranch is located up in the mountains, in the middle of nowhere just 5 miles outside of town, which has a population of approximately 597 people. The town is located in the middle of the national forest, which attracts vacationers who come for the camping, hiking, hunting, fishing, horseback riding, canoeing, river rafting, and skiing. There are horse and cattle ranches for miles in every direction. There is wildlife roaming everywhere. Deer frequently cross the roads and even walk through the streets in town searching for water and begging for handouts from tourists. You're not supposed to feed them, but people still do. Although it's rare, occasionally a brown bear will walk through the main street in town and there have been grizzly bear sightings in the neighboring county north of where I live. I won't walk through my property at night without a gun and a Maglite.

There is a larger resort town about 16 miles away from me that has a population of about 4,176 people. It is located next to a lake which attracts a lot of vacationers from out of town and out of state who visit during certain months of the year. The resort town offers numerous recreational and outdoor activities like boating, river rafting, kayaking, canoeing, water and jet skiing. During the winter months, visitors come for the skiing and snowboarding. The grocery store near where I live is fairly small so I usually drive two or three times a week to the lake resort town in order shop at the market for groceries and eat at one of the restaurants.

About 46 miles south of me is another smaller resort town situated next to another lake with a population of approximately 1,028 people. That town is very small, but attracts tourists who come to boat, water ski and fish on the lake during the summer or ski and snowboard during the winter.

It is very cold where I live. I mean, it is freezing! It snows seven to eight months out of the year and the summers are basically July and August, and maybe a week in September and that's it!

Return to “Talk Forum”