Hand sanitizer recalls!!

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

countrylatexglover
VIP

Hand sanitizer recalls!!

Post by countrylatexglover »

To those even on the forum who have stopped wearing gloves in public because “hand sanitizer is better” keep an eye on the stuff your buying we had a recall on ours. It had alcohol that was very caustic to use on skin. They are starting to cut corners with it just be aware. This is in the states not sure about everywhere else. I still think gloves are so much easier!!
Carrie Karkus
Glovely Diva

Re: Hand sanitizer recalls!!

Post by Carrie Karkus »

Good to know!

This is one reason I choose to make my own. 99% isopropyl alcohol with some aloe vera gel usually makes an effective 67% alcohol hand sanitizer, which is the strength you want/need. Of course, I still wear gloves when I want to. 8)
countrylatexglover
VIP

Post by countrylatexglover »

See if we just all wore gloves lol we would have this problem!! We found it out our selves too soo!
dopefish

Post by dopefish »

I think the problem with gloves is that they don't really do anything that not touching your face will do and that is the hard thing to stop. It doesn't get absorbed through your hands.
Carrie Karkus
Glovely Diva

Post by Carrie Karkus »

There also is the fact that most people can't be bothered to use gloves properly. As in, they'll reuse the same disposable gloves that they've already touched their face and Lord knows what else with; they cross-contaminate in a sense which defeats the purpose of even wearing gloves. And then there's also the case in which people can't be assed to throw away their used gloves. I don't see it happen quite as often out in the sticks where I live, but it's pretty common in bigger towns/cities.

Return to “Talk Forum”